Baby (DreamxGeorgexSapnap)

ابدأ من البداية

He had stopped uploading photos as much as possible (although he didn't really post a lot of photos to begin with), for fear that either of those two things would happen and even his friends began to forget what he looked like, due to his reservation when doing FaceTime calls with his camera on since he noticed his belly starting to grow. He didn't want to risk them catching on anything weird.

"Have you forgotten that we already saw your face, Dream? Turn that stupid camera on already!" Sapnap said one day during a group call, where both he and George had their own cameras on and looked strangely at Dream's avatar in his side of the screen, noting how mysterious his behavior had been for a few months.

The blond exclaimed an "ehhh", stroking his cat on his lap and gently poking at his abdomen. He had managed to make it to four and a half months without anyone but his close family knowing. Only four and a half more ahead, he could do it.

His friends insisted a little more for him to activate his camera, making a couple of sarcastic and teasing comments, stopping when the other's voice began to sound more tired and somewhat sheepish. So they decided to drop the subject, thinking that they could bring it up again later, in a less acidic way. They were concerned that something serious could be happening to their friend.

-------------------------------------

"There we are."

Dream narrowed his eyes, tilting his head to the side and trying to identify something among the mixture of gray spots and smudges the woman was pointing at. Slowly and gradually the image began to look like something, the small silhouette of a body appearing very clearly on the screen.

"Oh yeah, look at that!"

The doctor began to move the image to try to find out the sex of the baby. Seeing that they were cross-legged she knew it wouldn't be possible to know unless the creature moved. She reported this to her patient.

He nodded verbally, looking at the image of his baby on the screen. There was something he wanted to ask, but he felt a certain self-consciousness and shame just thinking about it.

Fuck it, if he couldn't ask a doctor he couldn't ask anybody. She wouldn't judge him. At least that's what Dream expected.

"Is there any way to... determine who the father is?"

The doctor was unfazed by the question, barely pressing a few buttons on her keyboard as she answered him.

"Yes, indeed there is, before or after they are born. But I can't perform them, if that is what you're wondering."

After that she proceeded to explain the testing procedures, setting the ultrasound equipment aside, and offering the young man a napkin to wipe the gel off his skin.

Dream left the clinic, very meditative and hoping that the next appointment could reveal him whether it was a boy or a girl he was expecting.

-------------------------------------

At seven months Dream felt that everything he needed was ready, and he only had to wait for his baby's arrival. A girl with a light blue room waiting for her at his parents' house, where he had decided to spend the first months of his daughter's life. Yes, he felt capable and willing to go through the pregnancy on his own, but caring for a newborn and a cat as well as himself after giving birth was something he didn't see as possible or desirable. Anyways, his mother was ecstatic at the idea of her first grandchild, who was also a girl. Even if he had wanted to start his parenthood alone his parents wouldn't had allowed him to.

The sound of an incoming call startled him slightly, getting up from the sofa and walking towards his set up, accepting Sapnap's call. The younger greeted him warmly, beginning to talk about anything and sounding somewhat pensive.