Chapter 8: Unknown Number

"WHAT. THE HELL. WAS THAT?"

"Wanda, I have no idea but I feel so POWERFUL right now!" Her and I were giggling and bouncing off of one another as we paced down the halls of the language building and out of the doors. What the hell did I just do? That encounter. That moment. My God it was perfect! The touching, the one-liners, the jealously... the lip bite. I have all of this adrenaline coursing through my veins right now and I can barely keep it together. Anyone else on campus would think we had just won the lottery or something with the way that we were squealing and yanking on each others arms, barley able to walk in a straight line. "Y/N, you really just did that shit! When I tell you, she was crumbling at your feet. You've won. That's it, you win at life." Wanda was hyping me up all the way home, as we retold the events of what happened in the classroom over and over again, like a broken record, but one that you never get sick of. We even went as far as to try and reenact the moment but we couldn't keep a straight face, instead we just wheezed and tossed ourselves around in total excitement every time we tried. We couldn't bare to sit still for the rest of the day considering what had just happened so we just roamed around the city for most of the day. We drank coffee, watched a movie, roamed the park, but nothing we did took our mind off of that moment with Miss Romanoff. It felt like we were 14 again, getting excited and obsessing over a little crush. 

Before we knew it, we had been out all day and it was already dark outside. We decided to head back to the dorm where we could maybe begin to make sense of the whole thing and plan our next move. When we got off of the elevator at floor 34, we were met with our new friend from room 34a. 34a was the only single room on the floor and that room belonged to none other than Carol Danvers. She was a very standoff-ish character and comes across very cold. Her and I became friends because we're both in the same Law class. We wound up sat next to each other and her and I are very alike in terms of vibe and humour, so we hit it off instantly. She's very funny and sarcastic, so she's just my type of person. In class we would crack jokes, share notes and listen to music together. We both make class bearable for each other and I'm pretty sure our friendship is the only reason we're still sane; Law can get pretty stressful. The real nail in the coffin was not only finding out that we lived in the same residence halls, but in the rooms next to each other. I introduced her to Wanda and now we were quite the trio. We hang out together all of the time, her and I would study together, and walk to class together, and Wanda had persuaded her to join cooking club with her, so now they shared that in common. All you needed to know is that we are a pretty tight knit friend group and Carol was now 'one of us'.

"What's got you two so worked up?" Carol questioned, folding her arms as we stood before her, still smiley, giggly messes. I quickly grabbed her by the arm and yanked her into our room, slamming the door shut behind us. Wanda nudged her over towards the beds where we all sat down and braced ourselves. "Carol, you'll never guess what..." I went on, all loud and animated. Wanda and I went on to tell her everything that had happened. From the email, to the knee rubbing, to the chatting in Russian, and everything leading up to the near kiss. Carol had known that Wanda was teaching me to flirt, she would observe it first hand when she would come over. As Wanda would be teaching me to walk or twirl my hair, Carol would be laid on my bed making comments and joking around, but we never told her what it was for. "Wait, are you kidding me Y/N?! I thought this was for some boy in our law class!" Her eyes were wide and she was in complete disbelief to the point where she began pacing around the room. "I don't know whether to be proud or extremely jealous that you just bagged the hottest teacher here..." She went on, visually perplexed. Carol was bi and on several occasions in class she had told me that she thought that I was, and I quote, 'a little fruity'. It did make me laugh and I told her quite honestly that I wasn't sure what I was, and so our topic of discussion during lectures tended to follow along the lines of who in the class we find attractive. "I'm leaning more towards jealous!" she finished. We spent the rest of the night chatting about the whole situation and over the course of the next week, we were going to decide our next move.