♡ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇꜱᴛ ʜᴇɪꜱᴛ (ᴘᴛ. ᴏɴᴇ) || ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴏɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"Mammon! What do you think you're doing?!" you shriek as you find him in the common room, standing and awkwardly balancing on an unstable tower of stacked objects to reach a shelf.

"What does it look like I'm doin'? I'm obviously tryin' to get that!" he points at a small, gold jewellery box while he leans back and forth to stay on top of the tower. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to keep it from falling apart underneath his feet and the unruly stack topples before your very eyes.

Instinct kicks in and you run towards the tower. "Mammon!" you call out to him in worry.

He comes crashing down to the floor and landing with a painful thud with everything he stacked littered all around him. "Ow..." he groans while rubbing his shoulder. "(MC), you shoulda' moved out the way. Ya might've gotten hurt or somethin'."

You pull him up, "Thank you for caring about me but you need to get some ice on that. You took quite a fall."

Mammon turns away in embarrassment, "Wha- Care about ya?! I mean, it's only my job to look after you, y'know?"

Rolling your eyes while smiling, you know deep down that those words don't mean anything and that he's hiding his true feelings inside his stubborn heart. You help him over to the closest couch just before disappearing into the kitchen and coming back as quickly as you had left with a packet of frozen peas.

It stings your fingers with an icy prick and you're relieved to have it taken off your hands. Mammon places it on his sore hip and sighs at its soothing effect, "Thanks, I owe ya one."

"Yeah, you owe me more than one. If you don't want me going to Lucifer then tell me why you're trying to get Asmo's jewellery box, you know it's up there because he wants to keep it from you," you threaten.

Mammon idiotically decides to play dumb. "That's Asmo's? How was I supposed to know that?! I wouldn't be after it if I knew it was his," he chuckles nervously. You raise an eyebrow and that gets him panicking, "Alright, alright! I know it's his. I just need somethin' to sell because I need the money!"

When you question him about the whole idea of selling his brother's belongings, you get the backstory to his intentions. Turns out he has some overdue debt that he owes the witches who normally bug him. Though Mammon has been working part time more than expected, he can't seem to make enough money to pay the debt in time. You sympathise for him but you can't help but wonder why he'd resort to giving away prized possessions that belong to his own brothers.

You facepalm yourself and take a deep breath out of frustration, "Mammon... you could've asked me for help. Did you really have to go this far? Everyone will have your head for this."

"Ya don't have to rub it in!" he pouts, then he comes up with a plan, "Say, (MC), you did say I can ask ya for help, right? How 'bout you and I perform the greatest heist to ever exist?"

You know full well that you should say no but you're reluctantly considering it, mainly out of pity. It takes you several minutes before you finally agree to his scheme, but after contemplating the possible consequences you know you'll come to regret the choice you make now.

"But we need to set some ground rules. First, we can't take anything that's extremely precious to them. Second, we're not allowed take more than one thing from them. And third, we're not going to do anything that's going to put our lives in danger, like stealing from Cerberus. Understood?"

He gives you an enthusiastic nod. You're not entirely sure if he fully listened to a single thing you said, he just seems pleased by the fact that you're helping him with this criminal act.