Eight - Pearl

Start bij het begin

His huge paws thudded on the ground as he kept his head low, his ears pricked back and his eyes on me. He came closer, and each step was almost a swagger—yeah, a wolf swaggering if you could believe it.

He came to a stop in front of us as his top lip curled to show his menacing fangs.

Gunner took a step closer to me, putting his arm out diagonally across me.

The giant wolf didn't like that. He growled, which broadcasted more like thunder from his chest, warning Gunner.

'Stand down Gunner.'   Sylar instructed.

Gunner growled and reluctantly shifted his arm.

'He's their alpha and you know him, don't you Pearl,' asked as a question and a statement from Sylar.

And I did.  Mate.  'Mate.'  Both me and my wolf answered.

We stood staring for what seemed like a lifetime, everyone had stilled around us and then the unexpected happened and it blew my ever-loving mind.

The wolf shoved his head right into the seam of my thighs—dead centre and I almost came when he tilted his head higher, pushing his nose deeper.

Fuckity-fuck!

The exhaled air from his nose warmed me as my eyes closed.  Unconsciously I moaned and reached out, running my fingers through his fur, which was silky soft and warm.  I wanted to grind myself on his nose as the heat throbbed between my legs, which would have been super embarrassing, but damn, I was just about to...

What the?   Then it was over. He pulled back and stomped the ground with his giant paw and almost looked pissed off as he chuffed and stepped back.

Okay...

I wanted to speak, but my mouth wouldn't work—which was a first for me.

And just when I thought I had mastered speech again, he turned and stalked off, heading inside the open door of the pack house.

My breath left me in a whoosh, and I gripped Sylar's arm to steady myself.

'What the fuck's his problem?'  Gunner growled.

Now I'm not one for encouraging Sylar to read people—it's creepy and all sorts of wrong. But I hoped he had been taking a sneaky peek inside his head.  Fingers crossed!

'Sylar, care to enlighten me?' 

His eyes fixed on the door where the wolf had gone inside.  'I only picked up bits and pieces. He knows you're his mate, and he was frustrated.  That's what I sensed the most.'

Frustrated?  What the hell?  That must have been a record for me. Usually took someone around ten whole minutes before they became frustrated with me.

My eyes shifted towards movement; Seth nodded in my direction before heading inside.

A few pack members began chatting between themselves—they too seemed surprised as their gazes kept drifting my way.

Ten minutes later Seth appeared at the door and walked my way, that sexy smile of his fixed in place.  "You make quite the impression Pearl DuPonte."

And was that a good thing?

"The Alpha will see you now, this way." He cocked his head for me to follow.

Gunner and Sylar stepped up with me.  "Pearl will meet the Alpha alone," stated Seth.

Gunner growled, stepping closer.

"She will be safe. The Alpha would never harm her."  His smile softened as his eyes remained on me.