Over the past few years, I have received some beautiful fan art from Paladin readers here on Wattpad. I can draw stick figures and eyeballs (don’t ask), but that’s about it—so I’m constantly astounded by how much artistic talent my readers have. And I get positively giddy whenever I receive new fan art.
That’s why I am beyond excited to announce the first-ever official Paladin fan art contest! This contest coincides with my other major Paladin development – for those of you who aren’t aware, Paladin will be published this April in both an ebook and print format. I’ll be sharing more details on that very soon (probably later today...you can check out some info on my new website www.sallyslater.com).
In the meantime, let’s talk fan art! I’ll lay out the rules and prizes for the contest:
1. YOUR ART MUST BE ORIGINAL!!! This means you can’t use any copyrighted images (images you find on the Internet or wherever else), even if you alter them.
2. No nudity or profanity please :)
3. You may enter as many entries as you like; however, each individual will only win for one entry (i.e. even if I love all your entries, I won’t give you more than one prize).
4. Submit your entry by emailing it as either a .JPEG or .PNG attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Deadline for entries is Sunday, March 15, 2015.
THE PRIZES (5 award recipients in total; 7 prizes)
FINALISTS (TOP 5): Will get their fan art shared by me on social media via a dedicated blog post, shout-out on Wattpad, tweet on Twitter, post on my personal and author Facebook pages. As a bonus (and if desired by the finalist), I will read and comment on a chapter of the finalist’s choosing.
FIRST RUNNER-UP PRIZE: Your artwork will be included in the ebook version of Paladin, scheduled for publication this April.
GRAND PRIZE: Your artwork will be included in the print (soft and hard cover) version of Paladin, scheduled for publication this April.
Reminder that the deadline for entries is Sunday, March 15, 2015. Finalists and winners will be announced on Sunday, March 22, 2015.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave comments below or message me privately.