Ch.1

I'm being watched. I can feel it.

It's getting closer. Maybe coming to the library this late by myself wasn't a good idea after all. Well then, I'll just have to walk home faster.

"Mikey! Shut up! What part of being a ninja don't you understand?" said an annoyed voice near by. I looked around, but I couldn't see anyone. Probably some kids playing around.

Soon those voices were gone and I was quickly turning the next corner. I looked over my shoulder and saw a man walking behind me, quickly, but maintaining a small distance. When he saw me notice him, he gave a devilish smirk that sent shivers down my spine. He started to close the gap between us.

Freaked out, I turned forward and smacked into another man who grabbed me by my shoulders, causing me to drop my book.

"Hey sweet cheeks! Where you headed?" He had an awful smell and his clothes were covered in dirt and stains.

"Oh, you got her!"said the man who had been following as he caught up.

"Let go," I tried to act cool and confident in the situation. I wasn't going to show weakness to them, but as the man who followed me grabbed a fistful of my hair and smelled it, I felt my confidence wane. My resolved disappeared.

"You've got some nice legs, girly," said the man from behind and started to touch my thighs.

My anger flared and I kneed the man in front in a sensitive area and hit the man from behind me with my elbow.

I started to run but I hadn't noticed that there was a third man behind me and he grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled. I cried out in pain and fell backwards to the ground.

"You're a feisty one, aren't you?" he said as he keeled beside me .

All of the sudden, four figures landed from above. They were tall, armed, and green. Green....Turtles....WHAT???

I wasn't sure of whom I should be more frightened by.

As the other men started to get up, two turtles, one clanned in blue and the other in orange, took on one each. The one clanned in red, aggressively, took on the one holding me down. The last, purple clanned, picked me and my book up and took off.

"Are you all right? Where do you live? Did they hurt you?" he asked all these questions, but I felt like if I spoke, my fear, anger, and shock would be too much and I'd break down and cry.

The purple clanned turtle stopped running and slowed to a walk.

"Seriously, are you okay?" he asked, and then an idea seemed to occur to him, "I'm not going to hurt you by the way!! I'd never do that!! I'm sorry, I must really be scary to you..." He looked somewhat distressed.

"I live in the second to last house on the next street," I managed weakly.

His eyes lit up. "Sure thing! Oh, and you were amazing back there! You took down two of them by yourself! Don't worry, my brothers will take care of them!"

I nodded and asked if he could set me down from his carry. Soon we were outside my home and he nodded before taking off.

Once inside I realized he forgot to give me my book back. Either way, I went straight to bed to sleep my stress away. That didn't happen.