Part Two - Chapter 31

There were two things Evelyn was sure of in the moment; one, she didn't pull the trigger. Two, she's in pain.

Eve meets Bucky's fearful gaze just as she falls, her body crumpling on the floor. Despite just having a gun to his head because of her, Peter drops to his knees beside Evelyn. He places his shaking hands over her wound and tries to slow the rapid bleeding as Eve's eyes close.

"Bucky," Peter's voice quivers, "She- she's barely breathing."

"What did you do!?" Bucky roars as he grabs the Shield agent who just shot Eve.

"My job. She's a dangerous psycho who's killed more than fifty people." The agent responds.

Bucky's eyes burn with rage, he wants to hurt the agent. Make him bleed just as Eve is. Instead, he rips the gun out of the man's hand and slams the butt of the gun at his head. He lets the agent fall to the ground as he rushes over to Eve. He quickly rids himself of his suit jacket and presses it to Eve's bleeding wound with as much pressure as he can without cracking one of her ribs.

"Get Stark, now!" Bucky shouts as Peter scrambles to his feet and dashes out of the room.

"Tony! Evelyn's been shot!" Peter screams over the noise of everything.

Tony's attention snaps to Peter, looking away from Loki for a second. But that's all the god needs as he disappears in a puff of green magic.

Side by side, Tony and Peter run up the stairs towards the room. Bucky's shouting as the two near, Tony reaching the room first.

"Where is she?" Tony demands as he stares at Bucky for an answer.

"Loki. He fucking took her." Bucky replies, his voice shaking with fear and anger.

"Now we're back to square one again." Tony sighs as he drags his hand down his face.

"Well, that's not entirely true." Peter says quietly.

Tony turns to Peter, raising his brow in question.

"When Eve was holding me, I was able to slip a tracker on her." Peter clarifies.

"Kid, I could kiss you." Tony laughs in relief.

"Please don't." Peter grimaces.

"The witch is gone— Where's Evelyn?" Steve asks as he walks into the room, the rest of the team following behind him.

"We'll explain everything on the jet. Bucky, Sam, I want you guys to stay here and find out what Evelyn's planning when we pinpoint her location." Tony says as Bucky's face scrunches up in disgust.

"Please try to get along." Tony rolls his eyes at Bucky and Sam who are already glaring at each other.

"Why do you always leave him with me?" Bucky complains.

"Cause someone needs to be here to save your ass." Sam smiles.

___

The team, minus Bucky and Sam, board the jet to go back to the Avengers compound to get Eve's location and info.

"Well, this won't be a problem at all." Natasha says sarcastically, crossing her arms as she takes a seat next to Steve on the jet.

"They'll be fine," Steve assures and Natasha raises an eyebrow at him, "Maybe." He adds.

___

"I wouldn't move quite yet darling." Loki's voice sounds through the haze of Evelyn's mind.