Chapter 16...

Song on side is I'm A Mess by Ed Sheeran (He is literally one of my favorite singers!) Thought it fit pretty good and its a great song :)

Enjoy!

Dinner with Ashton turned out to be a lot of fun, making me forget about him being rude to me. The Mexican restaurant we were at was semi fancy and people stared at us almost wondering why we were so dressed up.

"You've never been to a concert?" Ashton asked looking at me like I was from outer space. I shook my head and took a sip of the margarita Ashton practically made me order.

"I never had time or the money to go." I said shrugging. My parents never let me do anything beside go to school and work. It was a miracle if I could go hangout with Kacey once in a while. I only worked because my parents forced me to and than when I got my paychecks they would take it. And of course the money I worked for only went for alcohol and food for them, not me.

"Wow." Was all Ashton said.

"What concerts have you been to?" I asked turning the topic away from me.

"I've been to ACDC, Counting Crows, U2, Sting, and a few others." (I made him go to concerts with older bands because All Time Low, or Taylor Swift wouldn't be around than. Plus can you see Ashton going to them?)

I stared at him than shook my head.

"What?"

"I just...I just can't see you going to a concert. Your so formal and business like." I said hoping I wouldn't offend him.

"Ill have you know I was a big partier in College and High School." He said almost proudly.

"Sure you were." I said and rolled my eyes.

The rest of the night we talked and relaxed. I learned that Ashton had a sister and that she was about my age. I learned what his mom did and that his dad stepped down from CEO only a year ago. When Ashton asked me about my family I just vaguely answered. My parents were or I guess are not dead beats. They do have good jobs. My father is an electric engineer, and my mother is a manager at a fancy restaurant in my hometown. How can two well known people in my hometown abuse their child I have no idea. From the outside no one knew what my home life was like and my parents made sure to keep it that way. I was threatened multiple times if I told anyone they would made me suffer more than I ever have. They made sure that when they hit me it wouldn't be see or could be covered up buy a long sleeve shirt or makeup.

I think Ashton started to pick up that I didn't want to talk to my parents because only after a few questions he switched the subject, and for that I was grateful. Kacey was the only person to know, even though she didn't know all of it, and I wanted to keep it that way.

Around 6 o'clock Ashton drove me home seeing I was tired as I yawned every 5 minutes. Walking me to my door he said a quick goodnight and kissed my forehead once again. As he walked away I had to hold myself back from running after him and kissing him. I wanted to fill his soft and warm lips against mine again but for some reason Ashton wouldn't. Sighing I twisted open my door and walked in.

"Your home." Kacey's voice said out of nowhere making me almost scream. It was almost like one of those scary movies. Kacey sat on the couch, crossed legged, and staring at me almost creepily. I could tell she had been waiting for me to come home and she had on her interrogation face on. Her blue eyes were narrowed and her eyebrows drawn in. I gulped waiting for all her questions to start flying at me. I didn't have to wait to long before her mouth was moving a hundred miles per hour. I only caught a few of her questions, making me stand there staring at her confused. She finally took a deep breath.