Chapter Thirty-One: The Fluorescent Lake

It's been a few months since Katherine wiped Draco's memories in which I was finally able to restore. He started to behave strangely, but he still cared for me.

The problem has been resolved now.

Katherine was eventually suspended from school after Blaise and I had a talk with Dumbledore. He had convinced Dumbledore to use a truth potion, which resulted in the suspension of Katherine Davis.

Draco had gotten me a small book filled with parchment and a leather cover. He told me to write my deepest thoughts and desires, which I have done so far.

My birthday is coming up in a couple days. I'm not expecting much from anyone, though I still miss my mum. I haven't heard from her in almost a year, and she hasn't contacted me since.

I hope she's okay.

"Moon!" Victoria called as she waved her hand in front of my face. "Are you going to drink your butterbeer or not?"

I didn't realize that I was the only one who didn't finish their drink. Blaise and Pansy decided to take us to Hogsmeade for an unknown event.

"Hurry up with it, I want to go explore." Blaise muttered in annoyance.

"Calm down, Blaise. You have plenty of time." Victoria replies. She's gotten much more confident in the past few months. It's shocking that she's drinking butterbeer with us, but it's amazing to see how much she's progressed.

I take the last few sips of my butterbeer, the sweet liquid pouring down my throat as I lift the cup higher. As the last drops poured into my mouth, I set down the cup on top of the table.

"We should just go back to the lake that I was talking about, it took Moon so long to finish her drink anyways." Pansy snickered.

My brows knitted together at her words. I hadn't been that distracted, I was only in my own mind. Maybe, thinking about the past brought me away from my own reality.

"We don't need to go to a stupid lake." Draco scoffed.

I'm guessing he wasn't fond of swimming. Pansy had mentioned going swimming in a remote lake last weekend, but Draco refused. Something may be wrong, but I wouldn't have any idea.

"You know what I've always wanted to go to?" Pansy mentioned, hoping we would catch on to what she meant. "I always wanted to go a ball. I could also throw one, there's really no difference."

"What are you implying, Pansy?" I asked.

I knew what her desire was, but still was cautious about the events that may occur. I would love to go to a ball as well, although it wouldn't be my greatest wish to throw one for my birthday.

"No way, I would definitely not want to dress up in a fancy suit. I'll stick to black." Blaise declared.

"You don't need to do anything at all, Blaise." Victoria informed as she started to get up out of her seat. I didn't know where this day would lead us or what was in bound to happen.

The rest of us slowly got out of our seats and made it towards the door. I didn't understand why we were going without paying, but I didn't question it. Once we opened the door I saw her.

Katherine.

She walked out of a near by shop at the same time that we did, and stared down at me.

I stood still in my position, unable to react at the sight of her. The old memories of her flashed back to me.

"Aww look at these pathetic little scars." she muttered, scratching them multiple times to make sure they would reopen. I wailed out in pain, not being able to handle the torture.