Chapter 27: Hello Again

Happy new year!!!! :D my friend kimmi couldn't handle Ross and Jordan breaking up, (over reactor) so um they may or may not get back together in this chapter. xD thank you sooooo much for 1,600 reads!!!!!!

Chapter 27

Hello Again

The next day, Micah and all of the other helpers came again. Ross was sitting close to me at the dining table, and i scooted away from him quickly when Micah walked through the door.

He didn't even look at me.

I felt sad, but in all fairness, if i was him, I'd actually be planning some evil comeback. But i knew Micah would never do that.

Right?

Just as Micah was about to walk out the door, his eyes darted to Ross, but he kept walking.

I blinked; it had been so quick. Maybe I'd just imagined it. I scooted a little closer to Ross, but not close enough so he could touch me.

I finished my French toast, then walked outside, my thoughts consuming me.

I could tell Ross's gaze was following me, and i heard his chair scrape as he pushed it back to follow me. Then i heard some whispering, and it sounded like Ross had sat back down.

Fine by me; it was his fault i was in all this mess... I just needed some time to think.

I saddled Greyson, then we set off at a trot towards where everyone was working.

"Why, Jordan?" i thought out loud. "Why are you going there?" but i didn't make Greyson turn around.

Once we arrived, i realized I'd never known what the helpers had all actually been for. Looking at them all sitting around laughing, i still had no clue.

Greyson stomped his foot and i cleared my throat loudly. Everyone turned to look at us.

I noticed Micah to the side, his smile still wide even when he turned to look at me.

I tried to smile, but failed so miserably i probably looked like i had just eaten a frog or something.

I cleared my throat again, willing myself to speak.

"Erm... I'm Jordan," i muttered. A roar of laughter surged through the little crowd and someone shouted, "Girly we KNOW!" i blushed, searching for James.

He was sitting off to the side, silently watching everything. Perfect -- he was in his quiet mood. Exactly what i needed. "James!" i called, motioning for him to come over to me. He slowly got up and walked meaningfully towards me.

I looked down at him. "Im finally taller than you."

"Just because you have a boost! Is that all you wanted to tell me?" he said in his quiet but firm way.

"No. I need--" i glanced at everyone watching us, my gaze lingering on Micah for a second. "I need to talk to you in private?"

Someone made a kissing noise, and anger bubbled up inside of me. "Whoever made that noise, shut the hell up!" i shouted, getting angrier by the second.

"She has a temper," someone whispered.

"Oh, like you wouldn't act like me if someone broke-- never mind!" i shouted, tears springing to my eyes.

James hopped onto Greyson, sitting behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist so that he wouldn't fall off. "Jordan... Let's go." he whispered.

I glared at everyone, then we set off at a canter.

When we finally reached somewhere where i thought no one would hear us, i pulled on Greyson's reins and tumbled off his back as soon as he skidded to a halt.