Chapter - 39

In your hesitation, I found my answers

Your POV:

"I don't like to see you around another man. I want you to be in my arms only. You only belong to me y/n-ah." He said as he cups my face.

My whole body went numb. I feel weird, I feel like I'm about to throw up but then again I feel like I'm in so much joy. But the disgust is much bigger than the joy in my heart. I want to believe them all but I can't. My heart refuses to believe them.

I grab his hands and put a lot of pressure on them as I force him to let go of my face. I don't want him to see me crying. I don't want him to hurt me anymore, I'm so done with his nonsense. I'm really tired and exhausted.

"Y/n-ah?"

"Let go of me."

"I won't."

"Your words....as always they are like piercing to my ears."

"I'm not like before, babe."

"Then what are you?" I looked up at him as tears started to build from the corner of my eyes. "What are you now? What were you before taehyung? Do you know? Do you remember anything?" My voice cracked.

He puts a bit of pressure as he pulls my face close to his. He nods "I know...I know what I did before, what I was before. But I'm not like before anymore. I promise." His voice cracked too.

I look into his eyes for few seconds. "Then prove it. Prove that you have changed. Prove me wrong taehyung."

He keeps staring at me and didn't say a word. He seems like he was hesitating but he has his answer ready. I sneered. "You can't. Your silence said it all."

I forcefully yank his hands off my face. I smile bitterly, "you can't prove yourself. You are still like before a bloody jerk. And I hate you."

His eyes widen, his body flinched. He keeps staring at me as if he's lost somewhere unknown. He has this expression where no one can read what his thinking or what he is feeling, but I know, I know he is feeling broken. And I'm glad that he is feeling those feelings which once I felt too.

I take few steps backward and keeps a little distance from him. "You disappointed me as always. I've honestly never expected anything from you in the first place."

He parts his lips to say something but doesn't say anything. I can see those tears building up from the corner of his eyes. Lucky me that I'm still holding onto my tears.

"You can't prove yourself taehyung. You can't." I said as I stare at him with disappointment. We stay like this for a brief moment and stare at each other, lost in each other's eyes.