EPISODE 18

Thanks for the votes and comments on each of the episodes . I really appreciate it and never take it for granted. My Twin sister and I birthday is coming this next month May 5th to be precise . I am expecting gifts from y'all 🥰🥰🥰

RED FLAGS

EPISODE 18

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

My phone dropped from my hand immediately the man broke that terrible news to me. I was literally  shaking  that I had to quickly park my car beside the road to avoid been involved in an accident. I picked up my phone with tears streaming down my eyes and redialed my mum's number and the same man picked it up again. "Please where is she taken to ?"  I asked him trying to control my tears.

" She is has been taken to Lasuth hospital right now" The man replied to me. I thanked him and quickly fire my car engine and heads to Airport. Thankfully, I was able to get a ticket so my flight was ready to take off by 5 pm. I didn't get myself again all through because I was just praying to God to spare my mum's life. She is the only one I have and I can't afford to lose her. We were called on board by 4:38 pm and after passing through all the protocols at the airport we were finally inside the plane. I know I have never prayed to God for anything but that day, I cried on the plane and prayed with all my heart and soul that God should spare my mum's life.

I dozed off after some mintues and I had a bad dream that immediately I got to the hospital, the doctor pronounced my mum  Dead. I woke up sweating profusely and started praying again that if God should spare my mum's life, I am ready to worship him with my whole life. Our plane landed safely after one hour fifteen minutes. I quickly board a car and head to the hospital.

I paid the cab driver immediately he stops the car engine in front of the hospital. I alighted down and rushed into the hospital and redialed  my mum's number The man picked my call and told me he is behind me and he is just in his twenties if I could guess right. I rushed at him and thanked him for calling me.  He handed my mum's phone to me and told me she's in the emergency room. I sat on the chair at the reception with the man wailing and crying my eyes out while the man tried to calm me down that nothing is going to happen to her.

After what seems like two hours, the doctor came out of the emergency room and we both rushed at him. I asked him about my mum's welfare and he said:" I have never seen that kind of miracle in my life before. Your mum had internal bleeding in her brain and we were unable to stop the blood but suddenly the bleeding stops gradually on its own. She should be okay after spending two weeks here under our inspection to see if the bleeding doesn't reoccur again " Said the doctor.

" Can I see her right now?" I asked the Doctor.

" Of course, you can. She has been wheeled to another ward just make sure you don't wake her up " The doctor replied me and I thanked him before he excused himself.

I went to the counter to foot my mum's hospital bill and made sure to give the young man twenty thousand nairas though he refused it at first but  I told him to collect it from me that it was just a way of me showing my appreciation to him. He thanked me and left after checking up on my mum in the ward. I stayed with my mum all through her stay in the hospital. I only went out to get some new clothes for both of us and my diapers.

After two weeks, my mum was now hale and hearty and I keep thanking God for his mercy over us. My mum and I both heads to Abuja the following week after her discharge from the hospital and we headed to the Sheu place immediately after our plane lands in Abuja. We got to the sheu place and were ushered in by the same man I met earlier when I came with Stella. We greeted the Sheu by bending our knees a little bit and he acknowledged our greetings and told us to have our seats.