𝚇𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑

══════ • ❀ • ══════

december 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑"

𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛, 𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜

The month of December was somewhat boring; Violetta had classes normally, the Tournament was still happening although there wasn't going to be another task until February. Violetta and Vivian were both already studying for the N.E.W.Ts ― not wanting to absolutely fail them, unlike Gabriel who didn't give a damn and seemed like he wasn't even going to take them.

Violetta had also managed to calm her parents who were very strongly thinking of pulling Violetta out of Hogwarts after what had happened with Moody. After several threatening letters to Dumbledore, the Headmaster assured the two parents that he had spoken to Moody and the issue was solved. But of course, Lucius and Narcissa didn't know about how Moody had turned Draco into a ferret. That was a secret the three Malfoy siblings swore never to tell their parents.

The Yule ball was approaching in mere weeks. Everyone (not Violetta) was excited and couldn't really talk about anything else than the Ball. So for many nights lately, Violetta spent her late hours in the Astronomy Tower to avoid any discussions with Clarice Rosier who for some reason was now following Violetta like a lost puppy, always wanting to talk about the Yule Ball.

And Fleur, well Violetta hasn't spoken to her at all since they last saw. Every time Violetta ran into her in the corridors, she turned around and hid behind a corner. She was slightly embarrassed by her behavior ― she had no idea why Fleur made her feel weak.

Violetta was spending an afternoon with her face buried in potions' book when she heard footsteps approaching her. She lifted her chin up so that she could barely see over her book; it was Fleur.

Words got stuck in Violetta's throat ― there was no place for her to hide.

"Salute," said Fleur with a soft smile.

"Hi," Violetta managed to say and felt a sudden warmth inside of her which she tried to forget about.

"What are you reading for?" Fleur asked, leaning against the bookshelf.

Violetta glanced at her book and then turned back to Fleur. "The N.E.W.Ts," she said.

Fleur nodded but Violetta didn't say anything else. It was odd for her; Violetta has always been one to speak up. She wasn't shy ― she kept telling off Peregrine whenever he was around her ― but around Fleur, it was like she couldn't say more than three words at a time.