26. Selling his daughter for money

The other side fell silent as if entangled whether to come or not, Gu Ye endured a smirk, "I was joking with you, if I invite you to dinner, I will definitely not invite you to this kind of place."

Yu Ze probably didn't expect Gu Ye was able to make a joke with him. After a blink, he chuckled, "I have a meeting in a while, I can't go. I will treat you the dessert after dinner."

Gu Ye looked at Zhao Pengyu, your uncle is such a good person!

Zhao Pengyu shook his head like a rattle and used his two paws (TN: probably his two hands) toward Gu Ye with ErKang's hands to indicate that his uncle was not so good. He had suffered countless hidden losses when he was a child, and the longest path to travel is to walk past his uncle's pathway (TN: means that he can't beat his uncle no matter how far he goes), so just the think of it makes him tear up.

As expected, Yu Ze had honored his words. Soon, someone sent a box of desserts. There were all kinds of desserts, and the portion was not big, so it was just right for a bite each. Gu Ye was surprised, "He actually knows where we are."

"He should've checked my location." Zhao Pengyu used a fork to pick up the dessert from the box and taste it one by one, turning his face aside for fear that something would spurt from the dessert and spilled himself all over with whipping cream.

Gu Ye and Xia Xiang didn't have so many thoughts, so they took one and ate. They didn't know where he ordered this dessert, but it tasted better than the ones sold in the market. The cream melted in your mouth, and it was cold and tasted great. Zhao Pengyu saw that they were eating well, so he dared to eat.

Xia Xiang asked: "Your Uncle is really nice to you, he just has you as a nephew?"

"No, I am the eldest. There are twins in the Second Aunt's family and a Little Cousin (boy) in the Third Aunt's family. When I was young, no one took care of me, so I often live in my grandfather's house. My uncle is only seven years older than me, and he teased me like a monkey every day. And perhaps, for this reason, he likes me the most." Zhao Pengyu looked profound that he himself almost believed in what he said.

Xia Xiang spit out mercilessly: "He didn't want to let you talk just now."

Zhao Pengyu: "Don't say it! Don't burst my bubble (TN: Lie)!"

Gu Ye smiled and took another bite. He didn't really love desserts either. It was just today that he tasted its freshness, so he ate a bit more. And after eating and drinking, the three of them went to the nearby video game plaza and played games for an afternoon. So when they returned, it was already past five o'clock.

When he got home, Gu Ye saw the invitation on his desk and couldn't help but admire it. The word of Old Mr. Yu can be framed and added to the collection. The handwriting is vigorous and powerful, like the dragon is flying and the phoenix is ​​dancing. And without decades of knowledge, momentum, and insight, he can't write such a word.

At dinner in the evening, Gu Decheng asked Gu Ye: "I heard that you received an invitation from the Yu family?"

Gu Ye was not impatient, so he calmly said, "Old Mr. Yu invited me to appreciate antiques."

Gu Decheng was happy, "Yes, this invitation for the next tea party should be for you because you saved Zhao Pengyu. It's not bad to get some knowledge, the Yu family has a rich cultural heritage, and Old Mr. Yu's calligraphy and paintings are national treasures. You should do less talking, more listening, more watching, and more learning."

Gu Ye is nodding cutely, this is the way to survive in this family, and it is: Everything Dad speaks is right.

"Take your invitation," Gu Decheng paused, then said solemnly: "Out for me to see."