⌞four⌝

Lizzy didn't get a good sleep that night, memories for her own father hitting her and shouting at her playing through her head

          Lizzy didn't get a good sleep that night, memories for her own father hitting her and shouting at her playing through her head. By the time she did go to sleep the sun was rising and the birds where chirping. With Flora around, Lizzy knew she wouldn't get long to actually sleep. In fact it must have been only an hour later when she head chatting from the doorway and then two bodies jumping onto her bed. If it was an hour or two later the girl wouldn't have woken up by it. The quietly chuckled and pried her eyes open, the siblings where both laying either side of Lizzy. Miles with a smile and Flora with a mischievous smirk

"got you" Flora tagged the blonde and instantly jumped up from her spot on the bed. Lizzy chuckled and got up

"wait for me to change and then ill play okay" Lizzy told the brunette. Flora nodded quickly and dragged miles out of the room, shutting the door behind her. Lizzy did her usual routine and changed into black denim shorts and a green, white and black striped sweater. On her feet where her usual black converse and her slightly wavy hair was down. After spraying her perfume the girl opened the door and instantly Flora took of running, Miles following his little sister. Lizzy chuckled, she loved seeing the playful side of Miles.

With a deep breath the blonde also took off running, tagging Miles who then targeted Flora. They all ended up in the work room where Kate told the three to calm down, Flora and Miles just back and forth tagging each other whilst Lizzy stood off to the side laughing, after Mrs Grose told the children to listen to Kate everyone quieted down.

"Bad dreams?" Miles asked Kate which clearly shocked the woman. Lizzy knew about Quint and how  the males creepy behaviour rubbed off on the younger boy. Lizzy knew that Miles was trying to freak Kate out the way that quint scared off Miss Jessel. Lizzy had seen it all happen without first hand experiencing the incident since she wasn't always at the house. Miles and Flora where hand in hand whilst Lizzy stood crossed arms beside the boy, slightly leaning on him since she had literally just woke up.

"i have an idea!" Kate spoke up after a moment of silence "since its Saturday why dont we go into Millbrook and get a new koi hm?" Everyone's faces dropped from the slight smiles knowing that Flora was extremely scared of leaving the property, Miles and Lizzy looked at each other then back to the woman

"yeah" Miles agreed, Lizzy waiting for Flora's answer before answering herself

"i dont want to" Flora told the woman, Lizzy gave Kate a weak smile

"come on it'll be fun" Kate encourages

"you know that flora doesn't leave the property, you dont have to go darling" Mrs Grose told the girl. Flora gave the older woman a smile and miles was clearly thinking of something to do. Lizzy elbowed the boy gently and nodded over to the mirror.

"what if i asked my special friend huh? want me to try" Miles asked, Flora responding with a shrug. Lizzy gave the brunette a smile as he turned to the mirror "will you keep me and flora safe"

"and Lizzy"

"of course and Lizzy? you will?" Miles kept talking to the mirror

"and Kate too"

"and Kate too? really!" Miles turned back to flora "he says you have nothing to worry about" Flora gave her older brother a hug and Lizzy swear she just melted right there. She adored their sibling relationship. The blonde never got the chance to rely or be relied on by a sibling and watching the two interact made her slightly jealous but at the same time extremely happy.

"so, go get your coat" Kate signalled, both Flora and Mrs Grose leaving the room "good job miles"

"he also thinks your tattoo is sexy" Miles spoke making Lizzy elbow the boys rib and stifle a laugh. She knew it wasn't miles talking but whatever was in the house taking over him but the girl couldn't help but feel a little jealous at the words. Miles smirked at his friend and threw his arm over her shoulder before leading her out the room "my special friend thinks your all around sexy"

"stop being stupid miles" The girl laughed and pushed the boy away from her as they walked down the long corridor. He meant it, of course he meant it. To miles, Lizzy was the most beautiful girl he's seen aside from flora but obviously in different ways. He wanted to always been near Lizzy, to protect her from everything despite her being able to protect herself. He wanted anything that hurt her physically or emotionally, dead. Including her dad.

"but if it counts for anything my special friend finds you sexy too" Lizzy joked as she watched miles put his coat on. Lizzy couldn't be bothered to put a coat on so her and miles walked side by side back through the house. Flora already looked scared "hey flora, you can hold my hand in the car if you get scared okay?" The young girl nodded as they headed outside. Miles watched them interact and his heart swelled, he loved watching the girl he didn't realise he was in love with look after his little sister.

━━━☛ authors note ☚━━━

- They are so in love with each other it actually fucking hurts