24 ~

It was now a week before Christmas and a few things had happened. For starters, after the incident with Dumbledork, I had gone back to the common room and skipped out on lessons for the day. Draco had gotten worried and came to find me, I ended up telling him everything. Let's just say I had to stop him from storming into Dumbledorks office and hexing him, even managing to convince Blaise and Neville while the girls, Mandy and Susan, had to help me hold them back while trying to calm them down. Instead, we had the twins prank him by turning his skin hot pink, with everyone else but him being able to see it. After that, the twins had joined our little friendship group.

Hagrid had invited me to his hut along with Draco where we ended watching Herbert hatch, which then led to Ron catching us and us spending detention out in the forbidden forest where I had stumbled upon Quirrell-mort feeding off of unicorn blood. I had been paired with Ron while Draco was with Hagrid. Ron saw what was happening and screamed so loudly that every animal close by ran away. Including Quirrell-mort as well as making my ears ring temporarily.

I spent any free time I had with Snape we would either talk or make potions. Sometimes I would simply sit in his classroom in silence and do my homework while he graded.Draco and I were currently sitting at the Gryffindor table with Susan and Mandy. The twins sat on either side of me and the girls as if shielding us while Neville sat opposite me Seamus and Draco in the middle.

All of us were laughing about the recent pranks that the twins pulled. They had decided that since it snowed last week that they would charm a few snowballs to follow Professor Quirrell around, knocking into the back of his turban. The idea of Tom Riddles reaction the getting hit in the face with snow by a bunch of kids made me smile for some reason.

We had potions next and for once I didn't want to go. Since it had snowed the room had become increasingly cold, each student breathing out puffs of white air as we all tried to stand closer to the hot cauldrons without burning ourselves. Even warming charms weren't effective wearing off after about 10 minutes as the freezer-like room always seemed to get colder by the second. That and I was hard to keep the charm lasting for the whole lesson when I was trying to keep it going for everyone in the class.

I had even taken to leaving Astara in my apartment where I knew she could stay warm by the fire. I had to light a fire in the kitchen when Bipsy came to me in the mornings looking a little blue. It broke my heart that Dumbledork hadn't even bothered to make sure the room was up to living standard, meaning I was now adding to it each time I went in. For example, there were now small little bunk beds for the few elves that had to sleep in the kitchen. They didn't have a place to sleep before that and I had to fight back the need to go throttle Dumbledork.

Draco and I walk into the class and immediately huddled closer together like penguins to share body heat. We were the first to class so I waved my hand and all of the burners switched on in an attempt to add some warmth to the room. Our breathes were already clouding before we even made it to our seats.

Severus walked in looking reluctant to do so, even with his usual emotionless face it was clear to everyone that saw him that he was starting to hate this room more and more. I still couldn't understand why he couldn't have had the old potions room since it was unused and a lot warmer. "Evening Sev"

"Addy, Mr. Malfoy" I had told Draco about Severus being my Godfather and he was completely okay with it and even covered for me with our other friends if they were wondering where I had disappeared to. While he sets up for the lesson I place a warming charm on all of our cloaks and giggle when I hear them both let out a sign of happiness. "Don't be too pleased, You know it won't last long.

A few other students came in looking grumpy while Severus began writing on the bored his fingertips starting the turn red since they were no longer in his cloak. By the time all of the students were in class you could practically hear their teeth chattering. Sighing heavily I rest my head on the table before bringing my magic to the surface. I focus on sending out an invisible tendril to each student, once that's done I begin weaving the strand through the fibres of their cloaks. The strands begin heating up just enough to start emitting heat without causing a fire.

I hear the chattering stop as each of the students pull their cloaks tighter around themselves, small smiles appearing on their faces. Draco notices the difference and immediately knows what I've done, I had told him that one Witch/Wizard could channel the magic of another through physical touch so he takes one of my hands in his under the table. I smile at him thankful for the help. I know I could have used my Parselmagic but it was too strong for spells like this simple and I didn't want to risk harming a student when I hadn't practiced yet.

"Today you will be making the Awakening potion. Instructions are on the board. When done label your flasks and place them on the side. Work alone" He sends us on our way. I fill my cauldron with water before grabbing the needed ingredients including; Aconite, Armadillo Bile, Beetle eyes, Billywig sting, and snake fangs. (A/N, not all these ingredients are for this potion, most is guesswork)

I set out all of the jars in the order that I would need them before adding in the right amount at the right time. I had already made this potion a few times before so my movements were automatic. From my studies, the Awakening Potion, or Wideye Potion as it was more commonly known as, prevents the drinker from falling asleep and can also be used to awaken someone from drugging or concussion. It acts as an for the drought of living death. I had made a small supply and have had to drink one. I have gotten carried away with making potions that I forgot the time and had to leave for breakfast without any sleep. The potion was kind of the magical version of coffee just without being overly caffeinated. Once the potion is done I pour it into three separate flasks but only label one.

I put everything back into its place and clean my station. Just as class finishes I place the last of the ingredients back onto the shelves. I pick up the other two vials and label them with what's inside before adding them to Sev's supply. I put my bag over my shoulder once I'm happy that my desk is back to the way it was when I arrived.

Everyone is gone at this point, all rushing to get out of the still cold room. The heating charm I had placed on everyone had ended about 20 minutes after I had placed it. "I made extra and added it to your stock. You should really find a way to heat this room before someone gets Hypothermia. Maybe you can move to a different class until it warms up a little more"

"Perhaps you're correct. I'll talk to Dumbledore" He was sat on his desk rubbing his hands together, trying to warm them. I kiss his cheek quickly before turning around to leave saying over my shoulder. "I've got to get to class, later Dad"

It takes a moment for my brain to catch up to what I said, but when it does it hits me hard making me stumble slightly in shock. I don't turn around, keeping my back to him as I hear his sharp intake of breath.

A part of my brain knew I was around the same age as him from my old life but I couldn't help but what him to accept what I had said. In my old life I never really had a father figure since my own dad claimed I wasn't his daughter and walked out. Snape had filled that space within only a few weeks of me knowing he was my Godfather. I feel a single roll down my cheek and was about to leave in an attempt to salvage my pride when I am stopped by a pair of arms wrapping around me from behind.

I let out a sob when he does, relieved that he wasn't rejecting the statement. I don't think I could have survived the embarrassment if he did.

I feel him rest his head on my shoulder and I manage to turn around and hug him back, my arms going around his neck as I bury my face in his neck. I feel his body shake slightly I know it's not from the cold. I end up crying; my in his arms after I hear him speak. "My little snake" he repeated himself a few times as he rocked us side to side slightly.

After a moment I pull away hiccupping slightly as I did. He looks at me with a tiny adoring smile before he uses his sleeve to wipe my eyes gently. I return the favour with a giggle. He stands up from where he was knelt on the floor, Kissing my forehead as he does. "You need to get to class Snakeling."

"Okay, Bye dad" I hug him around his waist quickly before leaving the class with a face-cracking grin as I practically skip down the corridor. My eyes water slightly with happy tears this time as the realisation hits me.

I finally have a dad.