Ch 1: (Crash) Landing

Han's POV:

I was awake, but all I saw was black. Could I move, Could I speak? My mind wandered in panic. Am I...dead?

Then suddenly, like a soothing wake-up call, I heard a breathy noise, a door perhaps. I felt myself falling forward so I put my hands on the ground frantically. I could hear my breathing now, heavily, and quickly. Then out of nowhere, I began to hear more, the noises getting louder by the second.

Beep. Beeeeep! BEEEEEP!

Flip! I screamed in my head as I heard the alarm, that wasn't good. I wanted to get up and take care of the problem, but my legs were frozen and my eyes were persistently shut. The noises became clear, but I still couldn't see.

Frick this! I put my hands out on the ground and crawled as carefully as I could. The ground was very cold, like ice. I moved in a constant direction on my knees, until a dull and silver patch of something came into my view. I blinked. Then I blinked again. Then I kept blinking.

I could finally see. I wasted no time in getting up and dashing towards the source of the noise. It should've been a smooth ride, but I forgot my legs hadn't started properly working yet. I slammed into walls as I turned corners, just barely missing the sharp edges. After a while of bumping, I realized that If I kept this up, I'd faint again, so I stopped running and sat down.

I put my head in my knees and my arms over my head, struggling to breathe. I exhaled and inhaled for a while, trying my best to block out the literal chaos happening around me. For a second, it even worked, I could feel myself drifting off again.

"Han Jisung, if you don't get your lazy bottom down here, you'll be sorry," came a voice from somewhere.

I opened my eyes and then after blinking a couple of times, I finally gained all my consciousness. "Oi! Wait I'm coming!" and I was finally able to get to the center of the ship. Wait! I'm on a ship? What?

I finally arrived and looked around the ship. It was a mix of gray and silver with a large crystal panel in the front that was the size of 10,000 pictomobiles.

"Dear Prince, I'm not trying to pressure you, but if you don't do something in the next 2 minutes, we're going to crash into the ground of an incoming planet," The voice warned once again.

"Vera, It's your job to fix that," I said to her exasperatedly.

"My systems only just started running, Prince Han, I woke up the minute you heard my voice and I currently have no control over the vehicle you are in, that, if I must remind you, is going to crash," Vera said in the most coddling tone ever. I swear if we were back home, I might've muted her. Home. Home?

I went to the control panel of the ship and I stared at it. I'd never been in a ship before. But how hard could it be, with my amazing engineering skills I could save myself easily.

Vera spoke to retort to my confidence, but then cut off at the end, "I'd love to see you try Prin-."

I panicked. Okay, okay. So to avoid the planet, I need to see the planet. Find the planet Jisung. I looked at the vast majority of the buttons on the control panel. Then I read the symbols on them. I sighed in relief, good thing I learned picto-engineering script, huh, Mom. Wait! Mom! As I clicked the button that would decrystallize the protective covering of the mirror, I tried to ask Vera if she had any recollection of the past events and where everybody else was, but the words died in my throat as I watched the panel fold out in front of me. The black panel dispersed in ripples, exposing the blue and green planet that was getting bigger by the second.