L_[02]

Lost

**

Fear can never be avoided.. Whether you try to or not, it would always be chasing you like a criminal at night.

-MistyAnne

**

The moment I stepped out of the Hidden Leaf Village's gates that night, with only my small backpack with me, I felt this strange feeling in the pits of my stomach.

I know, not only to my self, but also to the fact of reality, that I'll regret doing this..

I am leaving home.

Get a hold of yourself, Sakura! Home is where the mind sets it's point at! This is not your home anymore. Konoha thinks that you are a criminal!

Encouranged an inner voice to me. And so, with a heavy heart, I shook my head to escape these suicidal thoughts of going back.

When I stopped, to see where my slender legs brought me to, I found that I was in a forest near a small village I am not quite fond of.

"Psst."

When I heard that, my heart beated faster from nervousness as I turned to see who was there. I tried to locate the chakra signature, but it was no use. Then suddenly, I flying kunai caught me off guard as it nearly hit my head; missing, it only hit the tree behind me, embedding its sharp blade into the trunk.

"Who's there?!"

I shouted, composing myself to a fighting stance.

A few seconds later, a shadowed figure emerged from the nearby dark portion of the forest the moonlight created.

With the trees blocking my full view, I saw the man stepped closer.

"Are you lost, little kunoichi?"

A deep, baritone voice rang in the air. A rogue? I know it was. At times like these, they'll be easy to defeat. I have the upper hand..But for the first time since I was a kid, I felt a weird and unnecessary feeling I know I shouldn't feel...

fear.

I don't know why, but instead of fighting back, I took a step back and ran like the wind.

I ran.

Leaping from tree to tree in an attempt to get away from that missing-nin.

When I stopped, I found myself on a very high branch as I huffed for air..

I feel so pathetic!

I know I should have beat the shit out of that man, but I am not being myself recently. Maybe all the emotional stress its taking its toll on me.

Depression, can really make a fool of yourself, huh?

I then looked at my surroundings. I'm lost..

How far have I ran again?

Well, the truth is, I know where I am. I just don't know how to get out of here! This part of the Fire forest is the forbidden part.. Creating rumors about the origin of the name its been given..

Darkwoods..

**