Chapter Eight: Bond

Izuku opened the front door, placing his bag on the floor and kicking his shoes off.

  The greenette opened his bedroom door, placing his laptop on his desk and his pencil case on the shelf.

  Izuku wandered through to the living room, where Inko was teaching Eri to play go fish.

  "Do you have.. any threes?" Inko asked.

  "Go fish!" Eri said.

  "Ask her if she's got any.. sevens!" Izuku whispered.

  Eri looked around at Izuku, beaming, then turned back to Inko.

  "Do you have any sevens?" She asked.

  Inko sighed, handing over a card. Eri cheered, finishing a pair.

  Izuku took five cards from the bottom of the pile and sat on the other side of the sofa.

  "Got any threes mum?" He asked.

  Inko sighed again, handing over the three of hearts. Izuku chuckled to himself, finishing a pair.

  Inko looked over her cards.

  "Do you have.. any... Tens Izuku?"

  "Go fish."

  Eri looked excitably from her cards to Inko.

  "Do you have any tens Inko?" She asked.

  They played card games for the rest of the evening. Eri won the first game of go fish, and Izuku won the rest of the games they played by keeping count of who has what.

  Inko gave up after their fifth game, and went out food shopping, muttering about 'clever clogs' under her breath.

  Izuku and Eri soon went back to the laptop, and they spent some time looking at rescue heroes like the Space hero: Thirteen. Recovery Girl was still the little girl's favourite though.

  "Izuku.." Eri mumbled.

  "What's up Eri?" Izuku asked gently.

  The little girl yawned, snuggling into him.

  "I'm tired." She said.

  Izuku laughed quietly, picking the girl up and setting her down on his bed.

  "Alright. I'll tell mum that you went to bed."

  Izuku pulled the covers off of the mattress and let Eri lie down, before putting the covers over her and tucking the girl in.

  "Night Eri. I'm going to do some work, then I'll go to bed too."

  Eri yawned again.

  "Night Izuku.."

  Izuku stroked her hair until she fell asleep, then stood up and went back to his laptop.

  Your system's infrastructure is atrocious. It took me five minutes to get through. Impressive, but not foolproof. Want an upgrade?

-Deku.

  Izuku chuckled to himself quietly.

  I thought someone had gotten through, and I suspected it was you. If you wouldn't mind tweaking it, as I specialise in strategy, whilst Powerloader specialises in robotics. It would help us greatly if you were to give it your own touch.

-Rat.

  Izuku grinned, connecting to UA's system. He'd created a backdoor that let his laptop in only, and implanted a virus into any other device that attempted it. It wasn't anything too serious, but it was almost unnoticeable, and deleted files and software slowly over time.

  Izuku connected to a computer on campus, and used that to access the firewall.

  It took about an hour, but now Izuku was probably the only person on the planet that knew how to get into UA's system.

  Izuku then went into Nezu's computer and added a few notes on a word document for possible defense upgrades.

  The UA barrier was great, but what if someone had metal manipulation or something?

  Izuku suggested electrifying the barrier if any interference was detected.

  Izuku opened a new file on his laptop, deciding to start his hero course analysis.

  Nezu had tasked him with a full analysis of all 40 hero course student's quirks by the sports festival. He was not allowed to access their files at UA or any previous schools. He had to do it entirely from scratch.

  Izuku already knew one person in the hero course, so he just copy-pasted his most in depth analysis of Explosion.

  Izuku glanced at the clock.

  22:03.

  Yup, he was tired.

  Izuku changed into his All Might pyjamas and clambered into bed, wrapping his arms around the tiny form of Eri.

  The silver haired girl had been checked over by the doctor again recently. He had judged her to be in good health, and didn't need the bandages anymore.

  Eri kept the bandages, mainly to hide the scars in short sleeved clothing, so Izuku had gotten her a pair of sleeves that she could wear when she didn't have long sleeves.

  Naomasa and a kind lady from child services both believed it would be best if Eri stayed with Izuku. Both of them had been happy with that decision.

  Izuku's bedroom had become Izuku and Eri's room quite quickly, as whenever Izuku wasn't at school Eri stayed by his side whenever she could.

  Eri was nervous around anyone new, but had warmed up to Inko quite quickly. Izuku was the only one that could pick her up or touch her unprompted, and Eri only grabbed onto Izuku whenever she wanted to cuddle.

  Izuku had of course returned in kind, showering the timid little girl in love, looking out for her almost 24/7. Most of his time was taken up by the unicorn, and he loved every second of it.

  The greenette let out a deep sigh, snuggling into the duvet, letting his mind turn itself off.

  Izuku fell asleep cradling his daughter in his arms.