01

"There are no secrets, that time does not reveal

"There are no secrets, that time does not reveal."

                           {Kaia}                      13 years old

                           {Kaia}
                      13 years old

"MOMMMYYYY." I yelled out , in an innocent tone , as I made my way downstairs. She was sitting on the couch , scrolled through Netflix.

"Yes , Ki?" She asked , sipping from her glass of wine. "So , this week at school we're having career day , and I was wondering if you could come?" I smiled innocently.

My mom is a singer. She goes by the name , SZA , or Solana, but I just call her mom.

"You know, I cant risk people, knowing that your my daughter." She said, making me frown. Its always been that way , but I'm not sure why.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Kaia , we already went over this. I dont want to talk about it anymore." She shook her head. I just left it at that , and headed back upstairs.

It made me so mad , that she was so secretive with my life. I dont even know who my father is. I barely know anything about my parents. I know she keeps secrets from me , but that's because I'm a child.

I turned on the Simpson's, until I drifted off to sleep.

Next Day

"We will not , have any work today , since some 5th graders are coming to check out the school , as a field trip." The teacher said , making everyone chat amongst themselves.

I go to an idea school K-12 , which means that the 5th graders were probably from a regular school , and they planned on coming to this school next year.

"Hey! I'm not finished. Since today is career day , we will be in the gym-" She was cut off , by the phone ringing.

"Mhm...yes....how many?....ok , I'll send them." She said , before hanging up. The class went silent, trying to see who was leaving.

"Makayla.....Jay.....and Kaia , come here please." She motioned us over to her desk. I got out of my chair , and made my way to her desk.

"Ms.Hubert said she would like some students to come, and help her with the kindergartners. Would you guys like to help?" She asked.