Chapter 38: Complicated

Cole's POV

I lied to Luna. When I told her the truth, the expression on her face told me, that she is disappointed as she was about to say I love you, to me, but if I recall that movement, may be she was not going to say I love you, to me.

Oh God!!

Why all this things involving love is complicated, why can't it be simple. Why everything should, always be so complicated. If everything was easy no lover would have been hurt because of love.

"Cole!!", Luna's voice brings me, back to reality, from my Pathetic thoughts.

"Yeah", I reply.

"Did you heard what I said?",

"Yes", I say without thinking,"sorry No!", I shake my head.

"What is wrong with you?, Why are you so confused?",

"I am not confused, I was just thinking something",

"What?", She raises her eyebrow.

That I may be in love with... No! No! I can't do this. If I walk on that path, I will get hurt. And I am not so ready to get hurt.

"I can't tell you that", I reply, avoiding the gaze of her blue eyes.

"What? Okay!!, But tell me, if you were also kidding about, of me being so much drunk?", She asks.

"No! You were pretty drunk and hurt", I look directly into her eyes.

"Hurt", Now she avoids the eye contact from me.

"Yes! Luna I know your Mom is getting married",

"Cole I don't want to talk about it", she snaps.

"You have to", I know I am pushing her to talk about this all Mrs. Brown getting married thing.

"Why are you getting involved in our family matter?", She yells. I know she is saying  these things to hurt me, so that I can leave this topic, but I will not.

"Luna you have abandonment issues, and I think it is something to with your Dad's death", I know, I have crossed the line, but it was necessary.

"How dare you Cole?", She gets up from bed.

Luna's POV

I have abandonment issues? How can he say that? I didn't expect this from Cole out of all people. How can he?.

"You are insensitive Cole, You are like all those people, who don't understand me", I yell at him.

"I want to understand you, that is why I am asking this to you Luna?",

"No you don't understand, you will not understand, because your family loves you, the one person who is my only family, my mother she hates me", tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"Luna", Cole cups my face, and wipes the tears from cheeks,"your Mom don't hate you",

"No! She does Cole, because it is because of me, my Dad is not with us",

"What are saying?, I don't understand",

"On the day of his accident, he was coming, to pick me up, from one of my stupid socialite party, and he crashed his car. So it's all my mistake Cole, and because of this Mom hates me, it's all my mistake Cole", I cry hard, I never cried like this, and I never told this to anybody, but after telling this to Cole, I feel some kind of weight lifted from my heart.

"Luna it was to not your mistake, and I think your Mom don't hate you, nobody can hate you Luna", he tells me,"Listen to me", he looks me in the eyes,"It was an accident, not your mistake",

"Yeah", I sob, and I rest my head on his chest, and I feel safe after a long time.

Author's Note
I hope you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for next chapter, till next Wednesday. And don't forget to vote and comment.
With Lots of Love XX