Chapter 7: Off The Streets

In order to keep their identities further hidden, Spe-7 and Suzuka swapped their headgear out for masks, either found from Spider's stash or hand crafted by his vandals.

"These actually look pretty cool." Spe-7 giggles as she looks at her new weapons. She's opted to keep her Sweet Business minigun but she's upgraded her shotgun to a better one and she's ditched both of her heavy weapons for a very powerful rocket launcher. Suzuka has also decided to keep her cabal gun as it would make dealing with cabal much easier, but she's traded out her fusion rifle for a deadly sniper rifle.

"Remember what the Spider told us, those barons are to be avoided at all costs as there's no way we could take them down even together." Suzuka replies.

Much Earlier...

"Already looking sharp I see!" Spider says as he looks at Spe-7 and Suzuka. "The least I can tell you is about these Scorn barons that Taiki is also going after. They're the baddest of the bad, and they'd probably murder you on sight. You already had your first taste of one of them so that gives you a good scale to look at."

"So who are these barons?" Suzuka asks.

"Well, let's start from the bottom shall we?" Spider replies. "First we've got Yaviks, The Rider." He says as he tosses them a card featuring said baron on it. "This girl leads a gang of pike maniacs and they leave hell wherever they go. You can easily recognize her or her cronies by the fact that they stole pikes from me and just painted them over with their logo."

"She looks like one of those mace wielding Scorn." Spe-7 mutters out.

"I wouldn't underestimate the looks of her, she's a real bitch to deal with." Spider replies. "Next up we've got Reksis Vahn, The Hangman. I think this was the guy that you ran into before my associate saved you." He says as a card is tossed down, and the two guardians immediately recognize him. "Some say he was abandoned as a kid, or he was just born that way. He would rip off arms for the fun of it and likes to torture servitors that he captures. Then we have Kaniks, The Mad Bomber, emphasis on "mad"." Spider adds as another card is tossed down.

"Pretty sure he was dropped on the head as a kid." Spe-7 says, noticing how most of Kaniks' limbs have been replaced with mechanical lookalikes, and Spider laughs out loud.

"He's got the mind of a child and the strength of a nuclear warhead. Put those together and you have yourself a catastrophe." Spider chuckles. "Next is Araskes, The Trickster." Another card tossed down. "If she's messed with something, you best not touch it because it's either going to be a bomb or something else. One of my associates learned that the hard way when the engram he was given blew up in his face. She speaks for the Scorn but she's called the trickster for a good reason."

"Wait... She can disguise bombs?" Spe-7 asks.

"Well, only when she wants to. She's a coward otherwise." Spider replies. "Then we have Hiraks, The Mindbender." Yet another card. "He's a sick and twisted one, utterly fascinated by the Hive and wants to create his own... Throne... World... What the hell is going on in that guy's mind?"

"Not sure if I want to know." Suzuka mumbles.

"Then there's Pirrha, The Rifleman." Another card thrown. "Last I recall he was blind, but apparently he's become the quickest shot in the shore. This was the one that mortalized Cayde-6, so you bet that Taiki's going to have a field day against him."

"Man I want a lick at him too!" Spe-7 shouts.

"Then we have Elykris, The Machinist." Another card thrown by the Spider. "She sits upon treasures and loot that she stole from me. She's the one that makes weapons for the Scorn, whether it be for the headless ravagers, or weapons like the barons have."

"What's that thing on her back?" Spe-7 asks.

"A missile pack." Spider replies bluntly.

"Wait what?!" Spe-7 cuts herself off as the Spider throws down one last card.

"And last but not least, Fikrul, The Fanatic." Spider finally says. "The first of the Scorn, he uses his twisted ether to give life to once dead Fallen. I would assume that if he went down the Scorn would also go with him, but I don't know how he works. These are the people that Taiki is going after. If you're sticking by your words, try to make sure that he doesn't cause too much collateral damage."

Present Time

"Do you think he'll even recognize us?" Spe-7 asks.

"I highly doubt it." Suzuka replies as a cabal dropship hovers above their heads. "What the?!" Cabal legionaries immediately drop down and they look at the two with confusion, wondering who they are before slowly walking off. Their stroll is quickly interrupted though by the emergence of a heavily modified Fallen pike- one that sports front mounted flamethrowers and a rocket launcher on the back.

"Wait... Is that... That's Yaviks!" Spe-7 shouts.

"Woohoo!" Yaviks shouts as she incinerates the unfortunate cabal before zooming off, and then another pike can be seen tailing behind her. "Uh oh! Gotta juice!"

"GET BACK HERE YOU UNDEAD BITCH!!!" A familiar voice screams as Yaviks is pelted with void blasts, causing her to zoom off with her pursuer hot on her six.

"And that was Taiki..." Suzuka says before shaking her head. "No matter, let's clean up the shore shall we?"