BEERS AND BARBECUE

Depuis le début

JENNIE

My heart is so full! I am so blessed and lucky to have Lisa as my better half. I never expected she would go to the US and take my daughter and bring her here in Korea.
If it's not love, I don't know what to call it anymore.

Now it's my time to give my gift to her. A car is just a car.
But this another one is forever.

After we visited our loved ones at the cemetery, we decided to watch a romantic film in the cinema then we headed to the restaurant, our restaurant to have a romantic dinner.

It's time for wine because we were so full and she handed me a love letter laced around a sunflower.
So sweet! I read her letter out loud and it brought me to tears.

"Baby, thank you! I have another gift for you."
I said and she smiled at me.

"The car is too much, love. You don't have to bother yourself anymore. You are more than enough, Jen."
She said and took her wine.

"Are you sure you don't want this?"
I said as I placed a folded paper in front of her. She picked it up and read it.
I waited for the moment she's done reading the result and I placed the pregnancy test kit in front of her.

"Oh. Jennie..."
Her eyes widened and her tears kept flowing.

She stood up and knelt down in front of me.
I hugged her tight and pecked on her cheek.

"Love, I will take care of you. I will never give you a reason to be sad anymore. I love you, Jennie. We will be as good as our parents. I love you. Thank you for giving us a chance to become parents. I love you!"
Lisa is in so much joy while letting out her happy tears.

"We will handle this well. Now that we have learned so much from the past, I know that by this time, we'll give our best. I love you, Lisa. Thank you for letting me take care of you and for making me feel that you love me so much!
And yes, we will be great parents.
I will thank God you married me!"

"Thank you for marrying me, Jennie."

Lisa makes sure that everyday I am eating healthy. She would even surprise me at the hospital bringing food not only for me but also for my nurses and staffs and other Doctors as well.
She's teasing me that she is bribing them so they can take care of me while I'm still on duty during my pregnancy.

We knew about the gender when I had my ultrasound at sixth month and we're so happy to know that we are having a healthy baby girl.

Lisa never missed coming at the hospital and be with me on my monthly appointment with my OB. She never failed to clean and cut some fruits in the morning and pack it for me before she drops me off at work. At night, she's even the one preparing my milk.

On weekends, right after her class, she's so busy renovating the baby's room just right next to ours and she also bought a crib to be placed in our bedroom.
For sure the room she's building will only be used by our baby when she starts learning to walk.

Two of our nurses approached me one time and told me they saw Lisa at the mall so busy buying stuff for our baby girl. She even asked them what brands are best for babies.

Some nights, I caught her watching videos about parenting especially to newborn babies.
Ah! It makes me smile!

This is so perfect!

Our baby came out successfully and she is really our sunshine! She got my eyes, nose and cheeks. Luckily, she got Lisa's lips, perfect brows and also the shape of her face.