Calum Hood

You were round your bestfriend Calum's house as he had just came back from tour with his band, 5 Second of Summer. He just had to sort something out with Ashton quickly so you thought you would do something in the meanwhile, you wondered round his house until you found your old favourite room, the music room. You entered and shut the door behind you and you saw his bass sitting in its stand, you never learnt how to play his bass but always wanted to. You had never told him but you were a wizard with a guitar so it mustn't be hard to play bass. You sat down on the stool and picked it up and began to strum the chords to "Can't blame a girl for trying" by Sabrina Carpenter and you began to sing the first line. All of a sudden Calum burst through the door and you jumped in fright, quickly placing the bass back in its stand and standing up.

"I er Calum, I didn't think you were coming back so soon." You said uncertainly. Calum looked at you and then at the bass.

"Did I just walk in on my best friend playing MY bass?" You smiled shyly but that hurt once again you was stuck in the friend zone.

"Go on then don't let me spoil your fun." Instead of picking up the bass you picked up the guitar and carried on playing.

Here I am again, the same old situation
Why does the guy thing have to be so complicated?
I should've played it cool, instead I made a fool
Oh, the things I do

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, you can't blame a girl for trying

No, you can't blame a girl for trying

I should've shut my mouth, I could've kept it quiet
I might have freaked him out 'cause I was so excited
But I couldn't wait, I took a leap of faith
Oh, the things I say

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, you can't blame a girl for trying

No, you can't blame a girl for trying

And I think sometimes I tend to be my worst enemy
And maybe someday
I'm gonna catch a shooting star falling out of the blue
Doing what I do

And just as I'm giving up, my heart is palpitating
Here comes another one and it's so intoxicating
Being where I've been
I know that in the end
I'll do it all again

'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, love will find me, there ain't no denying
That you can't blame for trying

No, you can't blame a girl for trying

As you strummed the last chord Calum stared at you with wide eyes, you smiled sheepishly at him.

"I had no idea y/n..." He trailed but you just shrugged and placed it back in the stand. You got up and made your way to the door, but somehow got stuck between Calum and the piece of wood.

"Who was that about Y/n?" He growled. "No one..." You replied, but the heat was already rising to your cheeks giving him the clue that it was about someone.

"Y/n..." He looked straight into your eyes.

"Fine you want to know" he nodded " it's about you Cal, I've loved you for years now. Every time you get a new girlfriend it breaks my heart. I got to go!" You quickly opened the door and ran down the stairs and to the front door. You slipped on your boots and grabbed the doorknob but a larger tanned hand covered yours, Calum's broad chest was up against your back as he whispered into your ear.

"I love you too Y/n I was too dumb to realise that the one I was looking for was right in front of me. I'm sorry Y/n and I plan to make it up to you..." You silenced his ranting with a passionate kiss.

"Well better start now." You smirked, grabbing his hand as you ran back up the stairs.