Ch.11 Pork Ribs in a Clay Pot

Chapter 11: Pork Ribs in a Clay Pot (砂锅排骨煲)

After the sofa incident, Shen Fu gradually realized Lin ShuYi's way of life was simply terrifyingly old-fashioned. It was one thing if he didn't have a computer or any recreational activities in his house. Even Lin ShuYi's cellphone was like an ornament in his hand. Besides using it to make calls, he had never seen Lin ShuYi fish it out. What's more, even if it was just making calls, the only number he had on his phone was Old Man Yang's.

He was even on the verge of suspecting whether Lin ShuYi migrated back from some cave in a mountain.

That night, curled up on the sofa, Shen Fu reached out and asked for Lin ShuYi's cellphone, "Where's your phone?"

Lin ShuYi didn't have any intention of not giving it to him. He casually fished it out and handed it over. In any case, he didn't think there was anything really worth hiding on the phone.

When Shen Fu took it and turned it on – there was no password, no phone numbers, even the apps were the ones that came with the system. Such a good smartphone was basically the same as the old brick cell phones in Lin ShuYi's possession. Shen Fu's mouth twitched as he laughed quietly to himself, "Do you not play on your phone at all?"

Lin ShuYi finally took his eyes off the TV. He spared a bit of attention for Shen Fu. "What is there to do on a phone?"

Shen Fu was speechless.

Then what was there to see on a television! Especially some nightly eight o'clock news on a government channel, where the woman on the screen was crying so hard she was sobbing. How in the world was Lin ShuYi watching it, and so fascinatedly at that?

After sparing Shen Fu that bit of attention, Lin ShuYi looked away again. Right now, he felt that nobody was as important as his television, or at least that's what Shen Fu thought.

As a result, he spoke again. "How much data does your phone have?"

"Data?" Lin ShuYi already didn't really have much patience for Shen Fu, who was repeatedly disturbing him as he was watching television, and he frowned as he asked him.

"Yeah, it can't be that you don't even use data, right?" Shen Fu looked at him like he was a ghost. Never mind today's smartphones, even the flip phones of several years prior had a few things that wasted data. Lin ShuYi could be considered amazing for using a smartphone like an old brick cellphone.

Lin ShuYi stopped paying attention to Shen Fu's shock. He turned away and looked at the television, ignoring him.

Shen Fu leaned on the sofa by himself, pinching Lin ShuYi's phone, making calls for a while before sending some text messages, taking quite a bit of joy in it. After a long while, he patted Lin ShuYi's shoulder again.

"I helped you download a lot of apps. Your phone has 3G worth of data that you've never used before, which is also weird. Here, come closer, big brother will teach you how to play on your phone."

Lin ShuYi resisted for a moment, but it was useless. He had already been pulled over by Shen Fu's outreached hand.

"Didn't you want to know how I made this sofa appear out of thin air? I'll teach you."

Only then did Lin ShuYi finally gain some interest.

Shen Fu opened and showed him the apps one by one. Besides the necessary apps like QQ, WeChat, and Taobao, he also taught him two games that were currently extremely hot. Lin ShuYi became entranced at once compared to his original indifference.

Finally, Shen Fu patted Lin ShuYi's shoulders with a sigh, and he summarized, "I wonder, did you not do anything during your previous eighteen years except eat and sleep?"