Episode 32 (Part 5)

"DUCK!" Hijikata shouted before pulling me towards the ground. Not even a second passed but the firing again started. He guarded me with his body and put my head on his chest. Who were they firing at, how were the others coping up with it, i couldn't see anything as my face was pressed against his chest. After a few seconds the firing stopped. He released me and then turned back to look for others. As i looked in front of me, my eyes went wide. There he was, Ito, standing in front of us with his arms open, his back facing us. He took the bullets for his friends! Ito wobbled on his spot and then fell backwards causing Hijikata and Kondo-san to catch him. Raging blood ran through my veins as i broke two seats with both of my hands before throwing it towards the helicopter at full force.

The chairs hit the helicopter and shattered the glasses causing it to sway in air. From the other side, Gintoki threw someone on the front of the helicopter and thrusted his sword at that person's body. But the guy didn't sit back, instead he slashed Gintoki on the shoulder. Shit! Why isn't that idiot doing anything?! Why's he twisting his- THE STRINGS! "Oi nii-chan, take off those headphones DAMMIT!" Gintoki shouted at the top of his lungs. "Clean your ears and listen up! I've never once fought for the sake of this cheap country. I couldn't care less if the country or the samurais fell. I've always-" he pulled onto his blade that was wrapped by that guy's guitar strings causing the helicopter to move towards him "-Then and now, what i protect.. HAS NEVER CHANGED!" shouting that, he pulled onto the blade with all of his strength and smashed the helicopter on the ground.

"This is to all of you! I've taken their leader's head! The enemy's nothing more than a flock of lost sheep! Finish them off all at once!" Hijikata shouted before the big 3 of Shinsengumi moved to the battlefield. I sliced the enemies on the way as i rushed towards Gintoki. "Hey, how many fingers do you see?" i asked holding 2 up as i grabbed Gintoki by the shoulders. "Two" one of his hands move towards my chest "Squishy" and squeezed both of my breasts "boobs" he grinned at me. "Looks like you're alright, fucker" i flicked his forehead before holding him up properly. "I don't think i can walk" "I know" i replied taking his hand and putting it around my shoulder  before i held him by his waist. The fight between the two groups was soon over as the enemies retreated.

"He's being taken out.." Kagura said as she and Shinpachi walked up to us. "That's right, he'd die anyway even if they left him alone" i said and felt Gintoki hold me tightly. "But why..?" Shinpachi asked as he was saddened by the scene. "They don't want him to die a filthy traitor's death. They want him to end his life as a samurai and a fellow comrade. That's the death he deserves" Gintoki's words made me sniffle a bit as i watched the scene in front of me. As Ito dropped on the ground after his and Hijikata's final battle, i turned my head towards the rising sun. The sun's redder, brighter and bigger than yesterday..

Few hours later

"Thank you for waiting!" I served 4 plates of dangos to the customers who were sitting outside in the shade. "Why don't you join us as well?" Hijikata asked. "Umm" i looked back at the twins who were giving me thumbs up like 'it's fine nee-san, you go!' and then sighed a bit "Alright. So, what's the news about the sword?" i asked clasping my hands together as i sat beside Gintoki. "Well.." Hijikata continued talking while he added layers of mayonnaise on top of the dangos. I might puke to death.. how am i even friends with these two idiots?

"That sounds good, doesn't it? A demonic sword that never leaves your side. You're truly one with your sword!" i smiled resting me chin on my palm. His eyes widened a bit at my words and before a chuckle escaped his lips. "That positive side of yours.. i don't dislike" he said before standing up. "Thanks for your help Yorozuya" he said not meeting their eyes. "Hijikata-san, where are you going?" Shinpachi asked. "Isn't it obvious?" this time he turned towards us, a smile playing at his lips "My body has more angry spirits and curses on it than it can accommodate. It's full of all the people I've stepped over and the enmity of my comrades. What's another curse or two gonna do? I don't intend to look back no matter who dies. I intend to shoulder everyone of them and move  forward so they won't laugh at me in Hell" with those words Hijikata walked away. Cool, cool, cool. Very cool words Toshirou. But.. he just asked where you were going..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading episode 32.
Hope you enjoyed it!
Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions or anything.