(32)

Time passes as you and your squad kept on going with training

Time passes as you and your squad kept on going with training. The Operation to Reclaim Wall Maria is nearing, as time flew the Survey Corps had gained more popularity so much more than the Military Police, new recruits had been coming in at large number of people.

Probably due to the events happened or just knowing that their so-called ' heroine ' is there. Aka titan girl. Or as what people decided to address you As, although not many people knew your appearance and real name is.

Which is into your favor, you never really enjoyed the attention, any kinds of attention. Heck, you couldn't even last staring into a random person's eyes.

However, the exchange that happened between you and Eren. Never really became an issue. Atleast for you, you were the one who said no any types of tension. So you just kind of shrugged it off.

Of course not to hurt his feelings. But at the end of the day you are their Captain. You gotta act like it, treat everyone fairly and equally. So, what you did you just acted normal. Like usual.

"Alright, That's enough. You guys can have a break before lunch start."

They all let out a relieved and tired sighs. As you all had been practicing since early in the morning. You made them run laps, push ups, curl ups, one on one combat, and the ODM gear.

"Captain, here..."

Marco approached you with a water bottle in hand. He made his way towards you and give it to you, before sitting down next to you. Everyone else either went for shelter or food maybe even both.

"Thank you, Marco."

"So, what will you be doing later? Experiments with Hange perhaps?"

"No, that's Eren's role. Plus he needs to master his Titan's hardening skill."

There was a long silence between you two. Not an awkward one but rather a comfortable one. Atleast for you, maybe? He seems nervous for some kind of reason. He's been fiddling with cup, blushing every now and then.

"Ernesta, I actually have something to say.."

"What is it?"

"I've known this for quite a long time now. Although I decided to stay quiet about it."

"About what?"

"About Reiner and Berlthold. I had I few clues with me, and hints. But, I was hesitant to say anything. Back to the day you saved me, that's when I had my suspicion. I didn't loose my ODM gear, Annie stole it from me. While Berlthold and Reiner held me down, they left me there with the Titan. But you came. I will forever be grateful for that."

"I also knew... I also knew it was them. But, I didn't speak. Don't feel too bad about it, we're just the same."

"Mm, also you knew about a number of people came from the Military to join the Scouts? I'm glad I choose this path, I bet if I choose the Military then I would just go back here."

You hummed in response, as yet again you both are surrounded with silence. You're at peace at the moment however Marco isn't. He is rather hesitant, there seems to something he want to tell, yet, he can't mutter out the words.

After a few moments of silence, he took a deep breath before speaking.

"Also, there is something I've been meaning to tell you... I-i don't know how this started But, it just did. Then, I realized I've had this all along. Really explained everything to me, that's why I had this warm feeling in my stomach, That's why I always feels a scratching feeling in my chest whenever I see you with someone else."

You could only stare at him as your eyes went wide and heart started beating rapidly. Now you really can't tell what is it now.

"Ernesta, ever since the day I met you, No- I've always loved you, even now. I know, it sounds crazy..! But I think I dreamt meeting someone like you, I believe that I dreamed you into life. Ernesta, I loved you even before I've met you."

You have a lot of things to process as you stood beside him not moving, your gaze locked with his but you are staring into space.

Such nice brown eyes he has. You could clearly see how honest he is, pure intention, passion.

"I am speechless, Marco."

"I know, you don't have to answer right away, I..! Don't want to rush things for you! I know it's a lot to take in! Considering just how crazy my speech was! Uhm, don't worry! I'll wait!"

Let's be honest, at this point you are beyond embarrassed where you could not return back to your original composure.

Who could blame you? You never had anyone who liked you this way, not even in your past life. And make it two! Wow.

"I really can't help but notice that you somehow grew, a few centimeters or even a foot."

You stopped and you realized that he is right. You gained height, like you became tall.

"Wait, come let's measure my height..!"

You said all giddy as you are really excited about the results. You held Marco's hand and ran towards the infirmary.

.....

"5'12 ft."

Marco said after he measured your height, you are indeed grew exactly a foot and a few inch taller, three inches to be exact. You let out a squeal as Marco covered his ears with his hands.

"That's actually tall, you're even taller than me, now. How tall were you back Then?"

"4'9 ft..!"

His eyes widen.

"Woah, that's fast."

You let out another ear piercing squeal. Thanking The Titan Goddess Ymir endlessly.

Suddenly the door slammed open and revealed Eren with a nervous look on his face.

Both you and Marco looked at his direction as Eren's face is decorated with a dark blush on his face.

"Marco, what are you doing?"

He asked a bit angry...?

"Uhm, Measuring her height...?"

Marco said as he pointed his thumb towards my way. However Eren's blush darkens he dashed towards your way patting your shoulders.

"Let's go get lunch."

"Marco!! You're coming?!"

"Yes! Later! Thank you, Ernesta!"

Eren seems flustered for some kind of unknown reason.

[ Shout out sayo, ghourl.

👁👄👁👌]

👁👄👁👌]