eighteen

It had been a week after the incident with Yunhee's parents and in all honesty, she was still affected by it.

She had gone years without seeing them and she was doing fine in life but the emotional trauma they caused on her was heavy.

The poor girl blamed herself for everyone's situations. She was a stepping mat for everyone's problems and she accepted it.

But thankfully, Haechan helped. He comforted her through the difficult mindset she held. Yunhee was far beyond grateful for him.

Some would say she was over exaggerating and she would say it to herself too but she had every right to still be scared. She had every right to have a mental downfall.

Yunhee had experienced being blamed for the entirety of her parents problems since she was young. It was almost a daily occurrence for her to get yelled at. Anything wrong with her family was her fault.

Not to mention the homophobia she experienced with her parents as well. It was one of the most difficult things to deal with in her family and her coming out to her parents as a bisexual made the entirety of the blame and yelling worse. It was verbal abuse and it fucked her up mentally.

Thankfully, Yunhee was able to escape the house when she turned 18. She finally had enough of it all and left, scrounging up any money she had and buying herself a small apartment that she was able to live in.

She struggled as she started alone. She had no one to support her. She lost contact with her friends from high school and she simply became alone in the world but she managed to push through.

She eventually got a stable enough job to live comfortably. Her life was finally looking upwards.

Of course, there were her struggles with Haechan. It reminded her of her past again, the way she was constantly yelled at by him and blamed for their problems. It took a toll on her as well.

Thankfully, her and Haechan became good again. She was happy in her life once again. But the encounter with her parents brought back a trauma for her. It took a toll on her as well but at least this time, she had support.

It was now a week after the incident, as stated in the beginning of the chapter, and Yunhee and Haechan were currently at a park with Kyungsan.

It was a bright day and Yunhee felt herself feeling better.

It was Haechan's idea to go to the park as he knew it would be a great way to make her feel good again. He wanted to look out and be there for his soulmate.

The two soulmates sat on a blanket on the groun, keeping watch of their kid who played with other children un the playground.

Haechan took a hold of Yunhee's hand and rubbed small motions with his thumb, an affectionate act that Yunhee adored.

"It's pretty out." Yunhee said as she noticed the flowers blooming, the grass greener than usual and the sky a pretty blue.

"Yeah it is but wanna know what's prettier?" Haechan asked and Yunhee simply let out a hum, curious as to what he was gonna answer.

"Me." He said with a cocky smile and Yunhee bursted out in laughter, throwing her body forward slightly.

"You'd be lying if you said I was wrong. I shine brighter than the sun." Haechan said in a cocky voice as Yunhee calmed down her laughs and nodded.

"You really are prettier than outside and your do shine brighter than the sun." Yunhee said as she climbed over and straddled his legs, brushing away the hair on his face. Her response and actions made him flutter his eyes closed with a smile, feeling happy.

Yunhee admired his features. His tan skin glowed so beautifully and the little moles on him made him look as adorable as ever. A pudu is what he reminded her of.

Haechan's eyes opened once again and he saw Yunhee looking as gorgeous as ever.

Her black hair was tied into a lazy ponytail and she had a bare face. Her lips were a pretty rosy shade and her dark brown eyes looked gorgeous.

"You look prettier though." He finally said and Yunhee smiled at that, cupping his face and placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you." She said softly and Haechan simply nodded.

"Had to let you know the truth." He said with a wink and Yunhee chuckled at his actions.

Suddenly, Haechan wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her in closer. He laid his head on her chest and shoulders and she simply played with his hair.

"We're in public." She whispered and Haechan only shook his head.

"You're comfy." He replied and snuggled closer to her which made her roll her eyes playfully.

"How long has it been?" Yunhee asked as she reached for her phone in her pocket.

"It's been like 2 hours." Haechan muttered in return, refusing to let go of the girl.

"We should head back." Yunhee said and Haechan furrowed his brows, raising his head to look at her.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Kyungsan's gotta nap and we have to clean. The place is a mess." Yunhee explained and Haechan simply let out a sigh.

He tightened his embrace on her before finally pulling away.

"Let's go get Kyungsan then."

At that, Yunhee got off Haechan's lap and headed for the playground, calling Kyungsan's name.

Although Kyungsan was sad to leave, he couldn't deny he wanted to go home and rest so he obeyed and walked over to his mom, holding his arms up for her to carry him.

Yunhee placed a soft kiss on Kyungsan's head before he laid his head on her shoulder, enjoying the warmth and comfort his mother brought him.

Yunhee walked over to Haechan who held their bag with items and made a signal that signified 'let's go'.

As the two were about to make their way back home, they were suddenly stopped by a middle-aged couple who seemed quite shocked.

"Excuse me is your name Yunhee? Kim Yunhee?" They asked and Yunhee looked over at Haechan for a split second before looking back at them and nodding.

"Who are you guys?" She asked, wondering how they even knew of her in the first place.

"We're your parents."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"OH SHIT!!" Someone yelled, catching the attention of the others in the room.

"NEW DRAMA COMING IN??"

"We just gonna ignore their interaction on the blanket though?"

"We'll get to that but right now we're focusing on these new people."

"Shit, this is interesting."