Chapter Eight

When we arrived at Roxy's house, she grabbed some blankets and handed them to me.

"You can stay with me for a while. As long as you need." I nodded and muttered a "Thank you." She smiled lightly before walking towards the fridge.

"You want something to drink, Honey?"

"No. I'm not thirsty." I said in a hoarse whisper. I had never felt like this before. I felt worthless and dirty. She came back with a bottle of Vodka and two cups.

"Baby, drink this. It'll make you feel better." She poured some vodka in both the cups and handed me one. I gave her a reluctant look before taking a sip. It stung my throat at first, but after a while I got used to it. By the time I finished by cup, I had forgotten that feeling of emptyness and worthlessness.

"Don't worry honey, you won't have to endure this much longer. I promise." She said reassuringly before taking her last sip of vodka. I trusted her, she seemed more genuine then the others.

"Thank you for being the only one there for me." I said.

"No problem." She said.

"Well, I only have one bed, and my back hurts. So you'll have to sleep on the floor. 'Kay?"

"That's fine." I said, grabbing the blankets and lay down next to her bed.

"You're going to sleep in that? Here." She handed me my old clothes, which were washed.

I went to the bathroom and changed back into my old clothes. I walked towards the little makeshift bed I made next to hers and fell asleep.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

  When I woke up, Roxy was still asleep. I looked over to the small alarm clock and saw it read 12:45. My butt was stinging from last night and I cringed at the memory. I stood up and took a look at Roxy, who wasn't breathing.

"Roxy?" I called, but she didn't move. I started to panic. I walked over to her and shook her frantically.

"Roxy! Wake up! Please! Don't leave me!" I kept shaking her, but she wouldn't move. I checked her pulse, Nothing there. Her heart wasn't beating either. I fell to the floor next to her, crying and freaking out. Then, I heard her take a deep breath before speaking.

"Morning, Honey. Hey, Why are you crying?" I was shocked. I stood up and stared at Roxy, trying to comprehend what just happened. But after a while, I stopped thinking and laughed. I hugged her tightly, grateful she wasn't dead.

"Y-You weren't breathing. I thought you had died in your sleep or something." I said as I hugged her. She laughed and said,

"Oh baby, well here I am! Alive and Well." She pulled away and her face turned serious. "But, you never know when I might have a heart attack. The doctor did always tell me I had a weak heart. And if that does happen, I want you to have all my money, and all my-"

"Don't talk like that, Roxy." I interrupted, just the mere thought of Roxy dieing scares me to death. She smiled at me before getting out of bed and heading towards the fridge. She pulled out a bottle of wine, and two cups.

"Some wine?" She asked, and I nodded. She poured the wine into the two cups and handed me one.

"We're going shopping today." She said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You need more clothes, you can't borrow mine forever. Plus, I don't think you want to wear corsets anymore. I'll find you some 'manly' lingerie." She said before taking a sip of her wine. I laughed a little before taking a sip.