Ladybug Returns

The akuma remained corrupted under Hawkmoth and he couldn't have it come back to him. Instead, he was going to see something that would change his views about Marinette. He was going to find out her secret.

Viperion landed on his feet with his legs slightly bent. It had been a quiet traveling from the Eiffel Tower. He had been looking after her. He could also see the sadness in her eyes after what she had done. But he couldn't blame her. He would have done it too if he was wronged.

Ryuko gave Marinette a sympathetic look. She couldn't really do anything, yet she still felt guilty.

Rena and Carapace watched as Marinette and Viperion made small interactions with each other.

For the first time in over a month, they saw her smile, but in the presence of a stranger who believed her.

Chat Noir held Chloe close to his chest and gently set her on the ground. His cat ears lowered when he saw his princess interacting with her new knight. He had been so stupid. All he could do was sadly watch them.

Marinette was set on her feet. She still cupped the butterfly in her hands. "I'll be right back everyone. Ladybug will be here to save the day!" she tried to say enthusiastically. She slowly walked to the lockers where the Ladybug Miraculous was standing.

Chloe gave her a confused look. "What are you talking about? Ladybug isn't coming. That old guy said so."

The other heroes who stood around Chloe kind of just ignored her as they watched Marinette who still held the akuma in her hands.

The door closed behind her and they would wait for her return and the arrival of Ladybug.

Marinette set the corrupted butterfly to the side and opened her locker. She opened the hexagon box which laid in her light pink backpack.

Tikki came flying out. Almost as she had been seeing her again made her happy, yet saddened to see the sadness in her chosen's eyes. "Marinette!"

Marinette couldn't look at her kwami as she put on the earrings to be connected with Tikki again. "Hey.." she held the butterfly in her hands once again. She took a deep breath. "Tikki, spots on.." Tikki was sucked into her earrings and a bright pink and red flash was all they could see.

Whether they understood or not, Viperion understood who Ladybug was and why she wasn't present. And he didn't say anything to the others about it.

"No more evil-doing for you, little akuma..time to de-evilize.." Ladybug captured the akuma with her yoyo. She didn't say some of her personal lines or really in the mood to be epic. She opened her yoyo to release the now white butterfly. "Bye-bye, little butterfly!" she waved as it flew away and she also knew that her identity was also known to Hawkmoth. She felt there would be a new Ladybug after everything that she had done. No one cared...at least that's what she thought. "Spots off." her transformation was gone, leaving her to be just Marinette with Tikki who still stood by her side no matter what.

Master Fu chose her for a reason. Everyone made mistakes and that was alright. It was how heroes grew.

"Is there a way for you to do a Miraculous cure? Or is there too much damage done that is beyond your power?" the blunette asked.

Tikki hid in Marinette's hair. She missed her and she also knew that there would be a lot of emotional damage done to her. "When you become Ladybug again, you will be able to do that. I can start doing a little bit by bit, but together, we are stronger."

She gave the kwami an understanding sigh. Her arms were limply at her side. She couldn't face them after what she had done. She remembered what she did and she was ashamed of it. Her confidence was gone. All she could do now, was try and restart and face those who had hurt her. She would face those who had saved her life and brought her here. So she moved one foot in front of the other. She pushed open the doors and waved at them.

"Did Ladybug show up? Where is she?"

Rena stopped Chloe from asking another question. "Calm down. Remember that she's not doing well."

"I know that." she pointed to herself and rolled her eyes. "I am a far better hero than you. Ladybug trusts me over you. And Marinette is my best friend." the blonde made her way over to her, but stopped to see she wasn't in the mood to see her. Not in the mood to see anyone.

All Marinette would do was hug Viperion who was kind of shocked that she didn't go to Chat Noir. She hugged every one of them and gave small thank yous. She wasn't alright anymore and she knew they knew that. "Hawkmoth knows," she said softly. Then ran off.

And these heroes just stood there, questioning what she had just said.