PMH3: My mate 6

Rory:

We pulled away from each other and I slowly opened my eyes, we were only a breath away. "Owen" I whispered, he shook his head.

"Not now. I need you, we can sort this out after okay? Please. Just give me that." He begged me, his voice was broken. Owen was breaking, I sighed and stepped forward hugging him burying my face in his chest. I would give him that kiss before we spoke. But the tingling feeling that was still there... that's not normal is? I thought with hope.

We decided to go to the hospital which Owen's dad was more than happy about. He was missing his wife, the car ride was quiet. Once we got there, Owen helped me out the car, taking my hand as we got closer to the her room. We reached the room 112 and his dad slowly pushed the door. There laying on a hospital a fragil looking women was there attacted to a drip and a heart machine and others that I didn't recognise. His Dad just walked over kissing her forehead and whispered something she moved her head to look at us a smile came on her face.

"Owen, youre here." She whispered, Owen immediately walked over kissing her head.

"Like promised Mary," he said with a smile. She smiled back, then her eyes slowly made her way to me.

"You must be Rory. You make him so happy. Thankyou." She said to me, I didn't know why but tears formed in my eyes.

"Hello Mary." Was all I could muster. This was his family and it was breaking. We stayed for a while, talking, caught up doctors, nurses came in then back out. She kept a smile on her face all through it though.

It was getting too much, seeing this family being broken that I had to leave the room. "Hey Im gonna get a coffee, does anyone want something?" I asked, they gave me their answers I left quickly.

As I walked away tears started to fall, once I had made it round the corner I was in floods. Why do deserving people get the worse? I slowly wiped my tears and I knew the slight make up I had been wearing was all drenched around aound my face. I walked over to the coffee machine and got two cups, one for me and Mark (Owen's dad). I waited patiently as the coffee poured out into one cup.

why did Mary have to suffer this? This family deserves more.

Sighing I made my way back, before I got there I saw Owen pacing outside, he looked up when he saw me and took a deep breath. Walking over to me he wrapped his arms around me. I was a bit shocked and held the coffee's out behind him so I didn't spill them. He pulled away and kissed my forehead, he brought me to the wall outside Mary's room door and placed the coffee on the floor by our feet, he stared down at me, taking deep breaths.

"What happened?" He asked me, my eyebrows furrowed. "You were gone for half an hour." He said to me, my eyebrows went up in shock.

"I didn't realise..." Must have been when I was crying. "Im sorry." I said to him, he stared down.

"What took you so long?" he asked me, I looked into his eyes. He had so much pain in his eyes, looking behind him I saw a women in her forties with a boy with blonde, hair couldn't have been any older than 5 years old, on her lap sleeping; she was stroking his hair, comforting herself. Her face was red from tears, her eyes wide but looking so tired.

"Why do good people always get a bad ending?" I whispered to him. He sighed.

"I don't know baby, I don't know." He whispered.

"No one deserves to watch there love one die, no one." He nodded.

"No they don't, but they do." He answered.

"I just don't get it, you have to watch them die! It isnt fair!" He shushed me, holding me.

"I know baby." He whispered, he held me close and slowly we fell to the floor; me draped over him, his face buried in my neck.