6-Birthday girl

Ian was back on his meds. The whole taking Raegan and fleeing incident had blown over and things were back to normal once again. The Gallagher- Milkovich family were all asleep in bed once again.

Ian and Mickey were asleep next to each other, huddled close together underneath the blankets. Still asleep as it was 8am on an October, Saturday morning.

The couple wouldn't be asleep for long though, as the patter of little feet made their way towards the couples room. Their door slowly creeping open not long after. In popped Raegans bed head of messy black hair, her eyes peeping in from behind the door, seeing her dads still asleep.

     Raegan creeped into her dads room, standing by Mickeys side of the bed. "Daddy," she whispered to Mickey, trying to wake him up. Mickey didn't budge, staying fast asleep. Raegan scrunched her face up, think about how she could get up onto the bed.

     She grabbed the blankets, swinging one leg up on the bed, trying to haul herself up. Pulling with all her strength to lift her body weight. This movement woke Mickey up. "Rae? What're you doing?" He asked her.

     "Tryna- get-up," she grunted through the effort of pulling herself up. Mickey rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands. "Okay okay," he said as Raegan kept struggling, he grabbed her and lifted her up, into the bed between him and Ian.

She saw Ian, still fast asleep and yelled "Daddy!" In excitement, crawling on top of Ian, putting her hands on his face. Ian kept his eyes closed, but reached one hand up to hold his daughters wrist, where she had her hands on his face.

"Hey princess," he said. "Guess what daddy," Raegan said, still on top on Ian's chest.

"What princess," he said groggily, knowing exactly what his daughter was going to say.

"I am nine today, it's my birthday" she said happily, a massive smile on her face.

"No way!" Ian teased, smiling and opening his eyes to see his daughter sitting on top of him, smiling down at him.

"Yes I am daddy!" She said, giggling with excitement.

"You know what happens to daddy's when little nine year olds wake them up early?" Said Ian.

Raegan giggled away to herself, making Mickey smile looking at her. "What?" Said Raegan, smiling wide.

"Daddy's turn into a monster since they're so tired from their little girls waking them up,"said Ian in a monster voice, flipping Raegan over in between him and Mickey, leaning over her, holding her arms down. "And you know what happens to little girls who wake up the monster?"

"What?" Asked Raegan giggling, and squirming underneath her dads grasp, loving the game.

"Well, the monster gets very hungry," said Ian. He leaned down and pretended to eat her saying "nom nom nom." Making Raegan squeal and laugh as her dad pretended to eat away at her cheek and neck.

     Mickey started to laugh with her, her little laugh made him laugh too. She tried to push Ians face away but it didn't work of course.

Ian kept nuzzling into her neck saying "nom nom" for another minute or so as Raegan screamed and giggled in delight.

Mickey finally said "okay okay come on, let's get ready for your party," picking Raegan up into his arms, out of Ian's grasp. "You're getting big now Aren't you rugrat."

Then he leaned over and grabbed a pillow with one hand and hit Ian over the head with it, "and you, come on and get up, I'm not doing all the labour on my fuckin own," said Mickey.

"I'm getting up, Jesus," said Ian, sitting up slowly and groggily, but smiling to himself at Mickey being dramatic like always.

     Later that day, they had balloons up, a banner reading "Happy birthday" and other birthday decorations. She had a birthday cake and lots of candy too, Raegan was buzzing with excitement running around, helping with decorating and singing.

     They were just laying out drinks when Kev, V and Fiona burst through the front door cheering, holding bottles of beer and champagne.

     "Hey hey hey, where's the birthday girl?" Cheered Fiona putting beer down on the coffee table in the sitting room.

      "Auntie Fiona!" Exclaimed Raegan, running to Fiona and hugging her. "Hey, happy birthday munchkin," she said, kissing her cheek.

     "Happy birthday pretty lady, wanna sip?" Said V, holding a mini bottle of champagne. "Ooooo yes!" Said Raegan excitedly, taking the bottle from her.

     "Don't go too crazy Rae," said Kev, ruffling her hair before going to get a beer with Ian and Mickey.

      Later that night, the house was full with people. They were joined by Debbie, Sandy, Franny, Lip, Tami, Fred, Liam, Carl and Raegans friends, Kila and Riley.

     Music was blaring and Kev had Raegan up on his shoulders, dancing with her as she laughed away. Everyone was up dancing. They had already sang happy birthday, had cake and Raegan was on top of the world.

Suddenly, the front door burst open, and in came Frank.

"Oh hell no Frank get out," said Mickey as he waltzed in.

"Can a grandfather not wish his granddaughter a happy birthday? Hello little Gallagher," he said, looking up at Raegan.

"Hi Grandad Frank," said Raegan.

"Go Frank," said Fiona, "don't do this now."

"Kev, give me my granddaughter," said Frank. Kevin reluctantly took Raegan down from his shoulders and put her down, she looked up at Frank.

"Come on little one, let's dance," said Frank bending down to dance with her, ballroom style.

"Frank-," Ian said but got cut off by Frank.

"Turn up the music!" Shouted Frank. Everyone looked at each other, but said fuck it and turned up the music and started dancing again. They let Frank stay to dance with his granddaughter, Raegan smiled and laughed while Frank spun her around and danced with her.

They danced the night away, even though Frank passed out once again on the floor. The party had died down by this time, some people had gone home, some fell asleep, the music still played but was turned down.

"That's your grandfather?" Said Riley to Raegan, looking at Frank passed out with a beer still in his hand. Riley smiled, "yea, he is."

"Cool," said Riley giggling as the three friends were cuddled on the couch under a blanket, watching movies at 5am since the party had died down.

The house phone started ringing, and Raegan leaned over to the coffee table to answer it. "Who the fuck is calling at 5am," asked Kila. Raegan just shrugged, indicating she didn't know.

"Hello?" She answered, confused.

"Hello," said a shaky women's voice. "This the Milkovich house?"

"Yeah, who the fuck is this," asked Raegan.

"Oh my god... Raegan?" Said the woman's voice.

Raegan looked at her two friends confused, they looked back at her with looks saying what the fuck.

"Who is this?" She asked.

"I'm Mandy, um... a friend of your dads," she said, voice cracking and shaking. "I just wanted to tell you happy birthday baby."

Raegan still seemed confused. "Okay? Um thanks I guess... um okay I gotta go...bye." She hung up instantly.

"What the fuck was that about," said Kila.

"I have no idea. I've never heard of my dads having a friend called Mandy," said Raegan.

But Raegan soon shrugged it off, not giving it a second thought, returning to her movie with her friends.