12 Danger Returns

The next few days had settled down a lot. There was almost a monotony to the days at TM. My mother was growing frustrated with Ava's constant presence and wanted to hire a nanny. I refused to listen to her though because that would be someone outside the family raising my daughter and I wasn't having that.

I was able to get my hands on a car and car seat for Ava so Tig didn't have to chauffeur us around anymore. It was good because he preferred his bike anyways.

One Saturday, a few weeks after Ava's father showed up, I had taken Ava with me to get some groceries. Tig was handling some club stuff, so it was just Ava and I.

"Mama, pouvons-nous avoirs du chocolat(can we get chocolate)?"

"Yes," I said with a chuckle. "We can get chocolate."

She was seated in the cart as I pushed it around the store. I grabbed some chocolate and added it to the cart.

"Ava, voulez-vous faire un cookie(do you want to make cookies)?" I asked, looking at the bags of chocolate chips.

"Oui, Mama. Avec Tiggy (Yes Mama. With Tiggy)," she said.

"S'il est à la maison (if he is home)," I said. She appeared exceedingly happy as I added the ingredients for the cookies to the cart.

Ava's eyes focused on something behind me so I glanced over my shoulder as I looked at the shelves.

I smiled at Ava as I grabbed my phone. I turned the corner and the person followed me. I had a good feeling that it was my ex, still in the states and not heeding my or the guys warning.

"We've got everything Ava," I said as we headed to the counter.

"Mama, puis-je avoir des bonbons (can I get candy)?" Ava asked.

"No," I said. "You already have chocolate and cookies."

"Next time?" She asked.

"Maybe," I said.

"If Tig brings me?" She asked. I rolled my eyes a little.

"I'll have to have a talk with him," I said. She laughed as the woman ahead turned to us.

"You told her no and she's laughing," the woman said with a smile.

"Yeah," I said.

"How?" She asked. I shrugged.

"She's a pretty mellow kid," I said. "Plus we communicate a lot."

"I noticed," the woman said. "Wait, Sam?"

"Yeah," I said, looking up at the woman for real this time.

"Donna?" I asked. She came over and hugged me tightly.

"We have to catch up soon," she said. She grabbed her groceries and was getting ready to leave.

"Yes, definitely," I said. She waved at Ava before heading out. I paid for our groceries and Ava and I headed home.

Once I'd taken care of the groceries and Ava was fed a snack, I sat down on the couch with Ava to relax a little. She was playing with her toys as I watched over her.

"Veux-tu joeur avec toi(do you want me to play with you)?" I asked as I sat down on the ground she agreed and handed me a doll to play with.

A while later someone knocked on the door.

"Wait here," I said. I headed to the door and glanced through the peephole.

I jumped and double checked that the door was locked. My ex had made his way to my doorstep. I picked up my phone before going to the living room and grabbing Ava.

"Mama what's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing baby," I said calmly. "I just need you to wait in Mamas room while I call Tiggy and Uncle Jax."

"Samantha," his voice carried from the other side of the door.

"Is Daddy going to hurt us?" Ava asked as I sat her on my bed and locked the door.

"Not if I can help it baby," I said. I heard him trying to get in as I dialed Tigs number with shakey hands.