Chapter 26: Not Over You

Chapter 26

Not Over You

The next day, Micah came over again, not to start working but to hang out with me.

It had been Tommy's idea.

Micah and i hung out for a little bit. He was fun and nice, but not exactly the most talkative person. every time i looked into his eyes, i felt my heart melt.

I remembered when Ross had made me feel that way.

Thinking of Ross made my heart ache, and a tear slid down my cheek. I tried to wipe it away without Micah noticing, but it was too late.

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"It's..." i was about to tell him about Ross, then decided not to right before i spoke. "It's nothing."

Micah gave me a worried look but didnt ask again.

We talked for a little while more, then decided to go downstairs to find something to eat.

In the kitchen i found Carly sitting at th table on her computer.

I looked over her shoulder and she immediately switched pages.

She smiled at me guiltily.

I put together a snack of Laughing Cow cheese spread on wheat thins for Micah and i (I'm not vey good with food...) then pulled up a chair next to Carly.

"Let me see it," i muttered.

She rolled her eyes and opened a page on Tiger Beat's website.

I gasped. "How did they get that?!"

There, right before my eyes, was a photo of Ross and my very first kiss. I was positive about it. All the other times we'd gone to the beach together, I'd been wearing my turquoise bikini, not my yellow one. Besides that one time when i went with the whole lynch family... But we hadn't kissed that time.

I skimmed the article.

"A photo we recently received of Rordan's very first kiss!" it said. "sources are saying that Rordan recently had a big fight, and that they are now broken up.

"What do you think happened? Sound off in the comments and on twitter! Do you think Ross and Jordan will get back together? Or will the blonde hottie be single this school year?"

Then there was a photo of Ross begging me to listen to him at the airport, Ross slumped at Rocky's feet...

I cupped my hand over my mouth. There was me, walking through security, my head down.

And another photo below it, of me looking back one last time, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Suddenly Micah said queitly from beside me, "Who's that?"

"My--" i stopped, not knowing how to answer. what was Ross to me now? According to Tiger Beat, we were broken up. I felt like we should be broken up.

But... We'd never officially broken up or anything. And... I still loved him. "My..." i buried my face in my hands. "I don't know."

A couple weeks later, Micah came again, but this time it was to work.

Afterwards, as they had been doing for the past three weeks that theyd started working for us, him and all the other helps, and Carly's brothers stomped into the kitchen.

I walked in and started going back upstairs, but my mom saw me and motioned for me to stay.

"But it smells like B.O. In here!!" i screamed inwardly.