~01~

(Word Count: 827)

꧁꧂

Wednesday 9:40am
"Y/n... Y/n! Get up!"

Despite the time, you were still rolled up in the comfort of your bed. The warm sheets made it a haven you had no intentions of leaving until necessary.

Your response to your roommate's calling was groggy and muffled by both your pillows and the bedroom door, "I don't have class until 10. I'm fine until 9- the latest."

"Oh okay! It's 9:40."

"Don't bullshit," the panic was evident in your voice.

Danielle turned her phone towards the mound of sheets that framed your face, "Unfortunately, my good friend, I am not."

"Shit."

Although it was already late morning, the sky still had a nighttime resemblance as you rushed out of the apartment. Faintly, you could hear Danielle's amused laughter as she wished you a safe journey.

Though your university campus wasn't far from your apartment, you were dreading the strenuous task of finding a decent parking space

Though your university campus wasn't far from your apartment, you were dreading the strenuous task of finding a decent parking space. The low purr of your engine did a decent job at slowing your quickened heart rate while your playlist helped calm your up-stirred spirit. Trust you to be late to your first class of term.

Unexpectedly, there weren't many cars on the roads which made your commute that much easier. At each red light, you would take the opportunity to check your hair or fix your lip gloss but- for the most part- your journey was undisturbed. And by 10:05 you were on campus.

All heads in the room turned towards the loud creak of the ancient door that announced your arrival which made you wince. Bracing yourself for some form of punctuality lecture, you looked towards the front of the class in search of the professor but he had not yet arrived.

Somehow, the odds were in your favour today.

Dani💕

Did you make it on time?

Nope
But the teacher isn't here yet so I'm good

Lucky

I'm highly favoured, what can I say?

Is it?

Jokkkinggg
Thanks for waking me up <3
What happened to my alarm tho?

You snoozed that bitch
like 10 times😭

Don't lie
I don't even remember waking up ONCE😩

How about you go to SLEEP at night
Then you wouldn't be so tired🙄

I thought this was Dani, not my mother
how odd🤔

Very odd indeed🤔

N e ways he just walked in
so I'll be taking my leave.

See you x

____

Once again, the disrupting creak of the door punctuated the entry of your professor.

"Please excuse my tardiness," he started, "I was giving this young man a quick tour of the campus." He gestured to a boy who stood near the entrance of the room.

The boy was around "6ft and had dark hair that framed his face. His stoic, uninterested expression reflected the mood of most of you in the room while his honey golden eyes were glued to his phone screen.

"Please give us a quick introduction, if you don't mind."

"Yeah sure," he tucked the device into his jacket pocket, "I'm Rintarō Suna- call me Suna. I'm not looking for any problems so let's get along."

His voice came out cold and monotonous but the bass in it made the girls swoon. Even from the back of the room, you could feel the cockiness radiating from him which seemed to be ever-increasing.

"The only free seat is in the back next to Y/n," the whole class turned to look at you for the second time since you'd entered the room, "please make your way over so we can start."

Your teacher was giving a toothy grin- it seemed as though he had also taken a liking to Suna- and you were getting dirty looks from some of the females in the classroom.

"This isn't high school, turn around," you mumbled while avoiding their scrutinising stares, "Couldn't my good luck have lasted a bit longer?"

𒊹     𒊹     𒊹

The day went by pretty quick and before you knew it you were back in your bed, sleeping until you were woken up by desert-like dehydration. You looked around the room to find that it was already dark out.

"How did I sleep the whole day?" You wondered while dragging your feet into the kitchen.

The icy tile floors and bright fluorescent light removed any desire you had left to sleep as you took a bottle of water out of the fridge and some snacks out of the cupboard. Switching on your phone, you were met with a missed call from an unknown number. You debated on whether or not you should call it back, before deciding on the former out of boredom.

The line rang for a while before someone picked up.

"Hey." The seemingly male voice said through the phone.

"Hello?"

"You're not Samu?"

"If you wanted to speak to Samu, you probably should've called Samu's phone."

A/n-I feel like this chapter is really

A/n-I feel like this chapter is really... clunky? If u know what I mean. But it will get better (hopefully🥴)