ғɪғᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

𒊹︎︎︎ The boy who lost it all

warning: violence/other disturbing things.

Days slipped into months and months turned into a year since Theo had moved to New York to start a new life.

He was still the same. Would talk only when necessary and smile even less, his brother had been his source of motivation for being alive. They had become quite good friends and trusted each other.

On the other hand; Wilfred Benedict was still the same stern old man who would snap at Theo every so often for speaking less.

"Theo, you listening?" his brother's voice snapped him to reality as his gaze flickered to the photo of a lady he was showing to him.

"She's going to be your sister-in-law" he commented happily as Theo stared at the photo of a brown-haired woman with dazed eyes.

"She's beautiful" he replied as he looked towards his notebooks again. He just wanted to study but no! His brother wanted to talk to him after coming back from a week-long trip.

He didn't understand why the social interaction was necessary.

"Damn right she is!" Tim smiled while looking at his phone "I love her so much, you know we were highschool sweethearts"

Tim always had a habit of giving out unnecessary details and Theo was getting tired of it.

"Love?" this word intrigued him.

Tim nodded "Yup love. Just like I love you and father and mother, but the love with her is a little different"

"Ok" he simply answered without sparing him a glance as he pulled his notebooks from the desk.

Tim snatched his books "Come on Theo, your brother is back after so many days. I have another trip in a few days and this time it's a month-long!" he said sadly.

Theo sighed as he turned towards Timothee "What do you want to talk about?"

"I was th—"

"Mr Benedict" a voice came near the door as Timothee turned around in a start. Theo looked towards the door to see Benjamin Batley, Wilfred's assistant who scared the living daylights out of Theo just like his boss.

Theo gulped as he leaned against his brother a bit and held his hand for protection. Tim looked down at Theo as his eyes softened; he ran his hands through his hair before clearing his throat and turning back to Benjamin.

"Yes?" Tim asked in a serious voice as he looked at the bald and burly man with obsidian ink creeping up from his neck.

"Mr Wilfred Benedict has asked for both of your presence"

● ● ●

"Come in"

The deep voice resonated as Theo followed his brother inside Wilfred's office.