36

inumaki was still frowning from behind you as he looked at his comrades, panda turned to face him fully. "toge? are you sure?" he knew that convincing inumaki would be quite difficult once inumaki had his mind set.

"salmon salmon." the male behind you spoke as he tightened his grip around your waist. he looked at his comrades in hope that they would let him pass on this.

panda wouldnt let him off this easy, "youre going to get caught." he spoke, not wanting inumaki to be out after curfew.

"panda is right." maki spoke up, also dissatisfied with inumakis decision. "the doctor will be coming here soon to." she said as she brought her hands up to her hair to adjust her ponytail.

that was when you chimed in. you wanted inumaki to stay as well, it did seem selfish but he wanted to stay too. so you spoke up, "actually, i dont think kuboyashu will come tonight." you said as you looked down at the covers of your hospital bed.

you were slightly embarrassed that you argued with your respected upperclassmen when you were obviously in the wrong here.

looking up to fully face them, you said, "he is out on a business trip, probably coming back now." you spoke up while saying the last part of your sentence in a whipser.

"but, he would be very tired and wouldnt bother coming in here for a simple check up." you continued as you were determined with your decision.

inumaki spoke up too, agreeing with you, "salmon!" he said as he nodded his head.

maki sighed after a while and spoke up, "well, there is nothing to change when someones heart has made a decision." she said as she slightly slumped in her position while still standing.

"you can see it in his eyes too, panda." maki continued, trying to convince panda that inumaki wouldnt change his mind.

panda turned around and hesitated, but then spoke up, "then... just dont get caught." he breathed out with his back facing you and inumaki.

the two second years walked out of the infirmary and closed the door. you looked at inumaki and felt slightly bad that he risked this for you, "are you sure about this, inumaki-senpai?"

you brought some space between the two of you as you looked to your side at him. he was already looking your way and opened his mouth. "salmon."

he then broke eye contact and let out a small smile while looking in front of him. you noticed his motion and wanted to know what he was thinking about, speaking up, "inumaki-senpai?" you questioned as you tilted your head slightly to the side while you furrowed your brows.

"its toge." he spoke up in a quiet tone which was barely audible. you looked at him with widened eyes, he wanted you to call him by his first name.

he avoided your eye contact by still looking in front of him as he had the faintest hint of blush on his cheeks. you looked at his features, scanning them.

inumaki looked beautiful in the faint moonlight, you opened your mouth, not sure how to address him, "toge... senpai." you spoke out softly.

adding the senpai honorific to play it safe, he still was an upperclassmen after all. right as the words left your mouth, his smile grew.

he tilted his head towards you and caught your gaze, "tuna mayo." he said, showing approval while still having that adorable smile on his lips.

smiling back at him, you glanced past him and caught sight of your digital clock. it was already late after all, after curfew to be exact.

you knew you had to sleep early tonight in order to have a good nights rest since you would finally leave the hospital the very next day.

inumaki noticed that you looked past him and turned his head at the object that got your attention, his eyes met the clock on your nightstand and he turned back around, his arm snaking around your waist again as it lost contact for a split second.

"mustard leaf?" he spoke up. he couldnt make a whole sentence but still managed to make it clear that he asked how you were feeling. you snapped your attention from the clock onto him and spoke up, "a little tired, and you?"

he nodded his head at you and you told him, "its late after all, lets sleep then." you said and you stretched your arms above your head.

as you had both of your arms above you, he wrapped his other arm around your waist too. now both his arms were around you and he pulled you up towards him.

you were caught of guard, he slightly shifted you to the side while pulling you up and placed you sideways onto his lap.

now sitting on his thighs, you grabbed the clothing on his chest with your hand and looked down, hoping he wouldnt see you flustered again.

he let out a soft laugh at your lack of response and pulled the blanket up to cover the two of you fully from the cold. the blanket now being around your shoulder.

inumaki placed his free arm around your waist to pull you closer to him and he succeeded. his other hand on the outer side of your thigh.

still not giving a response, he thought he might be doing something wrong, "are you okay with this?" he asked with a bit of worry in his voice.

you looked up at him as the words left his mouth, he had to slightly turn his head to look at you, but you didnt give him the chance to do so.

leaning forward in a fast motion, you placed your lips onto his cheek, a little above the circle tattoo of his cursed speech and let the warmth linger for a moment.

his cheeks felt so soft that it took you some determination to part your lips from the side of his face.

quickly retreating to your previous position, you laid your head down on his chest and closed your eyes in an instant. inumaki was still left speechless at what you did.

"goodnight, toge-senpai." you spoke up while sitting sideways in his lap with your head against his chest.

his grip around your waist tightened and he pulled you even closer to his own body. his other hand left your thigh and found its way to your waist too.

now hugging you in the position, he laid his head gently on top of yours and spoke up, "goodnight, y/n."