Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: all rights go to S.E. Hinton because she wrote the outsiders. Also this is my very first fanfiction, so let me no what you think. If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know. Also this could be bad I don't if it will be good. I'm giving it a try;)
-----------------
My name is Sam, I'm 14 years old, and a member of the gang. I'm one month younger than Ponyboy so I guess that makes me the youngest. Then there is Johnny who is 16, Soda and Steve who are 17, Twobit is 18, and so is Dally, and lastly Darry is 20. Although Darry isn't there too often because of how hard he works to take care of Soda and Ponyboy, his brothers.

To be honest I don't even know why they let me in the gang in the first place. Number one I'm a girl, and number two I'm not even that tough. I'm kinda short, only 5'1'' and 100 pounds. I have medium length dark brown hair, and don't wear as much make up as the other girl greasers.

I'm the closest to Ponyboy because we go to school together. We also spend a lot of time together at his house because my family doesn't really like me around. I honestly don't think they notice me if I'm there or not, so why would I bother staying at home. Luckily my mom isn't as bad as Johnny's parents. She would never beat me or anything but she does lose her temper a lot. My mom is a single mother ever since my dad ran out on us 4 years ago when I was 10.

I get the couch at the Curtis's house a lot. They are basically my second family. But to tell you the truth I really like Ponyboy. I've liked him ever since the day that day I met him and Johnny in the lot. It was one of those days when my mom really lost it and argued for hours with my sister so I left and went to the lot to clear my mind. Ever since I layed eyes on him, I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. But he would never like me, he only sees me as his friend. I guess that is all I'll ever be to him.