Chapter Sixteen

A/N: Smut warning :)

As much as Dean wanted to sleep next to Cas every night, they both agreed that it was a one time thing- at least for now. Dean didn't want Sam or Jack to start asking questions, especially while things were still. . . new. They hadn't even talked about it much, not since their little moment in the back of the medical building. After John reduced Dean down to a crying, dramatic mess, Cas had held him until Charlie came into the room to interrupt them. She didn't ask any questions, but the look on her face revealed that she had a good idea what was wrong with Dean. After that, Dean excused himself with a lame excuse of not getting much sleep the night before, which wasn't exactly a lie, and went home.

After dinner, that was when Dean and Cas had the talk about not sharing a bed, even if they wanted to. Dean wanted to tell Sam eventually, because he knew his brother would be supportive. He just wasn't ready yet. Too many people already knew and the more people he told, the worse the situation got. John would hurt anybody who crossed him and anyone protecting Dean was considered an accessory. Sam would gladly take a hit for Dean, but Dean wouldn't let him if he had anything to do with it. Right now, keeping him out of the loop was the best thing for him, and for Dean.

Falling asleep in that huge, spacious, cold bed was nearly impossible for Dean, knowing Cas was just in the other room. He hated the space between them, the absence of warmth he didn't realize he needed until they came clean about their feelings for each other. He imagined it before, sure, but now he craved it. He hoped Cas felt the same desire, hoped the angel was laying on the couch, staring at the ceiling, imagining Dean laying on top of him, keeping him warm the way Dean wished Cas would for him.

He didn't have to wonder for long because as soon as he seriously considered getting up to join Cas on the couch, he heard the door creak slowly, hesitantly even. At first, Dean wanted to just invite Cas into bed and cuddle up next to him, kiss those soft lips, let his hands roam over warm skin, maybe even wrap his lips around Cas'-

He was suddenly drawn from his dirty thoughts about Cas' cock in his mouth, the weight of another body shifting onto the mattress next to him. Dean sighed softly, a content sound he couldn't hold back, not that he wanted to. Cas fumbled around with the blanket until they were both underneath the warm cover, pressed shoulder to shoulder. Cas moved to his side, bringing a wandering hand up to neck, gently pressing his fingers against Dean's steadily increasing pulse.

"Couldn't sleep," Cas mumbled, his voice rumbling against Dean's bare shoulder. Dean let out a shuddering breath as Cas' fingers traveled agonizingly slow, brushing past Dean's collarbone, and even further until the pad of his thumb flicked gently over a sensitive nipple. Dean gasped at the sudden attention, arching into the touch. "Can I stay?" It came out as more of a rasp than an innocent question, but Dean knew it was far from innocent anyways.

"Maybe for a little while," Dean managed through his ragged breathing, tilting his head back into the pillow as Cas mouthed at his neck, hot and heavy against Dean's delicate skin. Cas mumbled something against Dean's skin, but Dean was too lost in the sensation, too focused on Cas' fingers teasingly circling taut nipples and dipping lower, lower, pushing at the band of Dean's sweats.

"I can make it worth your time," Cas promised, circling a lazy finger over Dean's hip, driving Dean absolutely crazy. Cas grazed his teeth against Dean's neck, making Dean groan at the sensation, his hips thrusting up towards those wandering fingers. He wanted Cas touching him yesterday. Cas hummed a low chuckled, warm lips brushing Dean's stubble. Dean couldn't take it anymore, he wanted Cas, any part of him he could reach. He turned his head, slotting his mouth firmly against Cas' in a heated attempt to get closer to the angel. Cas moaned into Dean's mouth, reaching his free hand up to thread his fingers through Dean's hair. Dean could only get his hand halfway up Cas' shirt, resting against his chest in a slightly uncomfortable position, but it was good enough. It was better than good enough, getting his hands on that hot, bare skin.