ep 5-2

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•

I arrived home expecting it to be alone. To my surprise I see my brother sitting in front of his pc playing games.

"Oh oppa!" I said and went over to hug him "Why didn't you tell me you were getting out today? You came here by yourself? You should've let me at least pick you up.." I said concerned

"Oh don't worry mom picked me up" he said shoving me off as he is still playing

"Mom?... she's here?" I said my smile disappearing from my face.

"Dinner is ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen setting down the dishes on the table. My brother turns off his pc quickly and heads to the table, me behind him. I quietly sit at the table.

"Here" Mom says as she places food on my plate. I grab my chopsticks and start eating quietly.

"So what's new?" she asks us

"Nothing much" my brother says.

"I moved schools, and i'm in a study group with friends" I say and she looks at me.

"When and where are the study groups?" She asks getting angry.

"They are mostly on weekends and we meet at cafe's" I say

"And who gave you permission to do that?" I looked at her and raised an eyebrow

"I did" my brother spoke up

"Why would you even do that?! You know I don't like Aera to go out weekends! If you want to study, study at home!" she said screaming at the both of us.

"Why are you suddenly acting like a mother? We barely even see you. And the times we do you always nitpick everything we do." I said, I didn't scream as she would slap me right away.

"Don't talk back!"

"You might not want her to go out on weekends but I don't mind, I'm the one in charge once you are gone. So don't even try to act like a mother when I've been more of a parent to Aera than you have" my brother said standing up. "Aera you can go sleep with a friend if you want to, I know how much you don't like it when she's here. Don't worry about me I'll be sleeping out too"

I nod and stand up, packing my backpack. "I'm going to Jugyeong's" I said and left the apartment. On my way out I bumped into Seojun.

"Where are you going?" He said noticing my backpack "Don't tell me you are running away"

"No my brother gave me permission to leave, that woman is in there" I said sighing.

"Woman?" Seojun asked confused

"Yeah the woman who gave birth to me"

"Oh so your mom?" he chuckled at my choice of words

"No. Woman. I never see her, my brother practically raised me and whenever she comes and visits us for like 2 days she feels like she can order me around" I said getting annoyed.

"Oh.. so where are you staying?" He asked

"I was thinking of going to Jugyeong's place.. can you give me a ride?"

"I would.. but I kind of left my bike at Jugyeong's house" He says rubbing the back of his neck. I sigh

"I guess I'll walk there..."

"Wait! It's too late to walk by yourself, stay at my place for tonight"

"What?" I looked at Seojun flustered by what he said.

"W-what! You'll sleep at my sister's room of course! What are you thinking..." he said smirking

"I wasn't thinking anything you pervert" I said slapping his chest.

"Let me just go ask my mom and I'll be right back" he said

"But then where will your sister sleep?"

"Oh you're in luck today she slept over at our aunt's house" he said and turned around "I'll be back!"

After a while of waiting he came back running and panting.

"Good news she said you could! When she heard it was you she became happy, she likes you" he said and started guiding me to his apartment.

"Good because I love your mom!" I said and followed him. We entered his apartment and I looked around. It was neat and pretty.

"I'll be back I'm going to throw the trash away" I nodded and watched as he left the apartment leaving me alone with his mom.

"Aera! Seojun said you were having some trouble at home so you had to stay somewhere else... is everything alright?" she asks coming up to me and giving me a hug. Ugh why would he tell her that.

"Yes! Everything is fine, it was something small" I said hugging her back. "But thank you eommonim, I needed a hug"

"Of course, i'll hug you as long as you want" she said patting my back. I closed my eyes and hugged her tightly. After a while I pulled away.

"I wish I had a mom like you.." I told her

"What happened to your mom?" She asked me already imagining that she was dead.

"She's barely around. She lives in the states so my brother practically raised me" I said grinning at her.

"Ah poor child, well think of me as your mom from now on ok? You know where I am so if you ever meed anything just come over" she said holding my hands as I nod. "Call me mom from now on ok?"

"Ok mom." I said with a big smile.

Word Count: 900Day published: March 30, 2021Not yet edited

Word Count: 900
Day published: March 30, 2021
Not yet edited

Short chapter but I wanted to give more backstory on Aera's family since you guys already know a lot about Jugyeong's family if you've seen the show. Kind of boring but hope you enjoyed ;)

 Kind of boring but hope you enjoyed ;)