• Procrastination •

PROCRASTINATION

PROCRASTINATION

Hey everyone, I am back with a short tale. Well the topic speaks everything. Mostly many of us try to postpone or procrastinate things. That may be due to laziness, lack of interest or any possible thing. But then, it may cost a lot. Here is a short story of Arya.

Arya, is a teen who loves K drama and series. She loves binge watching. Every weekend she would just come home and sit in front of the television. Her mother would give her food and she just keeps on watching the show.
At the end of Sunday evening, she gets up and completes her homework and assignments. Sometimes she would just lie to the teacher if she wasn't able to complete them.

Her parents didn't know how to make her understand and tell her procrastination is not good at all.

The weekend came in as always and Arya was ready to binge watch as always. She remembered her teacher giving her a very important assignment which is going to count in her finals. If she won't submit it,she is going to fail in her finals. She thought she would binge watch today and complete the project the next day.

She binge watched the whole night and woke up the next day afternoon. She realised she had only half a day left. She went to freshen up and then had her brunch.

As soon as she completed her brunch and came back, she saw the time. She had 10 more hours.

Arya m.v : Oh oh I still have 10 hours. I can easily complete the project in 5 hours. Let me watch a few more episodes.

She started watching and even before she realised it was quarter past 9. She had to sleep now.

Arya's m.v : I will sleep now and wake up early and complete the project. C'mon it won't take much time.

Thinking like that she went to sleep. The next day she wasn't able to make it early and she had to plead her teacher by giving her so many excuses but her teacher didn't give in. She had to face the consequences of her procrastination then.

Procrastination can cause many troubles in our lives. It can go to such an extent where you will have to lose many precious things. Keep this in mind and think twice before you procrastinate the next time.

Here are few tips from us to let go procrastination :

• The key to beating procrastination is focus. We often give ourselves too many things to do and become overwhelmed. Start by choosing just ONE thing that you’ve been procrastinating and make a commitment to complete that task in the next week.

• Start today

•  Most people put way too much on their To Do list. One way to stop procrastinating something is to decide you’re never going to do it. What can you take off your to do list? Try crossing something off your list simply because you realize you don’t really need to do that thing ever. Give yourself permission to let it go.

•  Another way to motivate yourself to complete a task is to create a reward that you will give yourself once it’s been completed

• Tackle tasks as soon as they arise, rather than letting them build up over another day.

That's all for today.

Hope you got your lesson.

Keep supporting us.

Thank you

Have a great day ahead

Keep smiling

Teen Fix