22. Survivors

-Five Years Later-
-Third POV-

Y/n grabbed the blanket from picnic basket, allowing the wind to help her spread it out. Sand nearly instantly covered it as it laid on the ground.

Finnick came up behind her, slipping his arms around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder, sighing quietly.

"It's beautiful out here." Finnick's voice was quiet as he looked at the bright lights reflection off the water. "We did it sweetheart, we survived."

It was a sentence that Finnick often said. Often he reminded himself, and his wife, that they survived, they lived through the pain and torture that the Capital forced them to endure.

It was a sentence that always reassured the pair, and their friends.

A small child played in the water, a mere ten yards away, and Y/n couldn't help but let a smile make it's way on her face.

"We did, Sugar." She nodded, gripping his hands tightly as she turned around, kissing him softly. "We really did."

He pulled away from her, sitting down on the blanket. The wind blew softly, and waves crashed on the bank.

Y/n heart glowed as Finnick put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. The couple sat in silence, neither saying a word as small waves lapped at the shore brushing over the child's feet.

The five previous years had been the best years of either of their lives, filled with abundant joy and most of all, no sick feeling when reaping time came, because now, it was no more.

Y/n rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as she took a deep breath. Her hand made her way up to her stomach, but she didn't say anything.

Finnick heard her sigh, and ran his hand up and down her arm. "Are you okay, Sweetheart?"

She nodded slowly, sitting up straight, turning to face him. "Finnick..."

"Yes?" He smiled hesitantly, a small smile dancing on his face playfully. "Are you sure everything is okay?"

"Finnick, five years ago, you and I sat here...in this exact spot...we talked about the games and how we knew at least one of us would be going back in...'

"Is there a point to this?" He laughed quietly, glancing at their child before looking back at his wife.

"My point is, we both went back into the arena...even though I was pregnant, I went in and risked not only my life, but our child's, it was stupid but I had no choice, then I almost lost the baby-"

"Y/n, you're scaring me...what are you talking about?"

"Finnick, I'm pregnant." She said, a small laugh escaping her lips as she grinned slightly, looking at him. "My point was, I'm pregnant and this time...this time, we're free."

"You're pregnant?" His voice was a whisper as he looked at her, gripping her hands tightly. "I'm going to be a father? Again?"

She nodded slowly, laughing quietly as Finnick pressed his lips to hers before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Oh my God...I...I can't believe it."

"Me either." She chuckled, leaning away. "I didn't know life could be so...sweet."

He smiled, laughing quietly before kissing her again. He scrambled to his feet and down to the water, scooping the child up in his arms and running back up to the blanket.

"You're going to be a big brother, Kai."

The blonde haired, green eyed child laughed hysterically as Finnick hugged him tight, spinning him. 

Finnick shifted Kai to one side, holding him on his hip as he extended his hand for his wife.

"Let's go have some fun, shall we sweetheart?"

She took his hand, smiling. "We shall, Sugarcube."

_______________________________________

And that's a wrap folks, thank you all so much for all the reads, votes and comments, they mean the absolute world to me.

I should be posting my Random Imagines book either today or tomorrow (hopefully) so be on the lookout for that!

Also, instead of having a separate book for random imagines and supernatural, I'll probably combine the two, so don't be surprised if there's some Imagines of Sam, Dean, Cas or anyone else from supernatural.

Again, thank you all for every single ounce of support, I hope you all have a wonderful day!