My feet knew better.

What is wrong with me? I just gave in to the kiss like a moron. Even when I reached the door to the wedding reception, I couldn't bring myself to turn the handle wand walk inside. My hands only cup themselves around the knobs.

Everything happens for a reason, there is no such thing as an accident or a mistake. Go back. Seize the moment, said my conscience.

"Shut up," I snapped back. I'll admit that a few things happen for a reason, but us? We both have nothing in common. I was right to escape, wasn't I? Maybe the reason the phone even rung was to stop us.

Doubt it, snarled my conscience.

Great, I was arguing with myself.

That kiss was completely accidental, unplanned, and-

Unwanted? asked my conscience.

I wouldn't say it was completely unwanted, but... I kept on kissing him, but we-you know... We don't see eye to eye, but-grr.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So, you mean to tell me that you just happened to carry super glue in your carry-on?" asked Tyler.

"Yes, I did," answered Alissa confidently. She was the squeaky and whiny ass voice that caused the kiss. I swear, once I realized that, I wanted to tackle her in front of everyone in the reception room.

The reason she yelled was stupid, really. She was telling someone this story about-I don't know-some girl that stars in a romantic comedy this summer. While explaining, her diamond bracelet fell on the ground because of her excessive hand gestures, and Elliot grabbed it. At first, he was going to give it back to her, but he just ran away with it to tease her. He ran so far that they left the reception room, and her running caused one of her high heels to break.

And Alissa, somehow, had super glue to fix it. "I still don't forgive you for stealing my-"

"I didn't steal anything," assured Elliot. Alissa was one to hold grudges, even after eleven P.M. in our suite.

"You ran away from me with a thirteen karat diamond bracelet in your hand. Don't you think that's what a jewelry thief would do?"

Elliot couldn't find the right words to say and kept stuttering in disbelief. "What are you, thick?" I muttered.

She sighed exasperatedly. "I'll never get this done."

"There's something called patience and money, you know," I said.

She let go of her shoe and the super glue, mimicking my tone. "There's something called makeup, you know."

"Hey, Alissa, I just want you to know that if you keep talking, that shoe won't be the only broken thing in the room," I snapped back. Her mouth formed an 'o' shape, and she's left dumbfounded.

I heard a gasp from the living room, and it's loud enough for everyone to divert their attention to it. "What? What happened?" asked Tyler (Terrence is fast asleep, and I'm not sure if it's because he 'hit it off with some chick' or if he's just tired).

Elliot comes rushing into the room. "Dude, I just remembered something!" he exclaimed.

Alissa and I gave each other confused glances, "What is it?" she asked.

Both Elliot and Tyler stayed silent, but Elliot communicated with his facial expressions (trust me, if you're really close to someone, you can do that). Tyler mouthed 'ooh,' and Elliot laughed.

Before I could interrogate them any further, Alissa quickly got up from her bed, "If you two are planning to prank me in any way, I'm gonna tell Mom," she threatened pathetically with her finger pointed.

"Don't get your panties in a twist," said Elliot. "We wouldn't waste our time pranking you, since all you would do is tattle-tale." He averted his eyes back to Tyler. "We're doing our own thing tomorrow before we go to the beach."

"We can't go after Aaron!"

"I can't go after..." said Alissa and I in unison, leaving her with a puzzling expression.

"After what happ-?" She couldn't continue because of the pillow that had come out of thin air, landing on her head. She scowled with her jaw dropped at Elliot, who looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"Is that supposed to be your innocent face?" I asked. He only gave me back a look that said 'shut up.'

As Alissa grabbed the pillow and stood up from the bed, preparing to hit him hard, something captured all of our attention. "Guys, stop!" said Elliot, causing the entire room to go silent. "Where did Aaron go?"

I still have those stupid butterflies.