Chapter 6

Myra let out a huff of frustration. How could he have expected her to organise a whole event on her own. Not completely, but she didn't know what to do. Most she had ever done was probably for twenty people, he is inviting 60. He only took her to that event so that she could see what they do and then host one for his house too, it had already been two months since that party, how was she meant to remember anything. 

She had to make sure everything was ready by 6pm and it was already 3 o'clock. She went downstairs and overlooked all the people in the house, starting with the kitchen. There was nothing more important than the snacks and drinks. Thankfully Ben hired some chefs to make those, but she was sure next time he would expect her to make those. She didn't like these pretentious gatherings, these weren't done for any good causes but to show off their wealth.

"How long until the starters are ready?" She asked the chef, crossing her arms. Like Ben said, she had to fake confidence; in other words, pretend to care about this event. This event was going to drag on until midnight, she could already feel it. 

"All the food should be ready by 5.30, including cleaning up and setting out the buffets." He stated looking at her. "Okay, that's great. Thank you." She smiled before going into their main hall where they were going to hold the party. The tables were set up and people were rushing around, trying to set up and the lighting. "This is such a waste of money." She muttered to herself, before she walked up to the Supervisor with the clipboard. 

"Hey, I hope everything will be finished on time." She stated, keeping her expression stoic as she looked at the middle aged woman. "Yes, it should be done on time. So far everything is happening according to the schedule. Should there be any problems, I will let you know. We should be finished by 5 o'clock." She said, her eyes skimming over the clipboard as she spoke. Myra nodded, trying to remember if there was anything else left to check on. 

There were going to be servers around the hall, but it was Ben's job to contact them so she didn't think much of it. 

She wandered around until 4.30 and watched as everything was eventually put together and it looked beautiful. Regardless of the beauty of it all, it was missing a motive for her. She walked back up to their bedroom and slid her cupboard open searching for another dress. 

Her eyes caught an Emerald coloured satin dress, the only problem with it was that it was full-length and she was afraid that Ben won't like it. He didn't giver her any preference this time. Myra rolled her eyes at her own thoughts, 'Shouldn't have brought it, if he didn't want me to wear it.'

She quickly changed into the dress, looking at herself in the mirror. It was an off-the-shoulder dress with a slit going down the side of her leg. She grimaced, no wonder he brought it. Nevertheless, she liked the dress, it looked very elegant, it made her feel a little more secure that the one she had to wear last time. She slid open her other cupboard and tried to match a pair of heels to go with it. She decided to go with silver pumps, they were holographic, which she loved. Myra disliked jewellery, but decided to wear some simple dangly earrings to match with her heels. She finally sat at her dresser and did her makeup, just like last time. 

Just as she stood up Ben walked in and looked over at her, letting his eyes trail over her dress, it curved around her nicely. Myra felt embarrassed, not shy. She didn't even feel butterflies, nothing that she read in romance books. He was only looking at her because he wanted to find a flaw in her. "You should leave your hair out, but fix it so it's not all over the place." He stated walking into the bathroom. She bit her lip and sat down again, letting her hair fall in waves. She combed through it lightly, trying to make sure she doesn't puff it up. The only time she brushed her hair was when it was wet, otherwise the curls would mess up.