Chapter 15

A/N: Yay, here comes the climax!

Merida's POV

My eyelids cracks open. I quickly look around. Where am I?! It's dark and I soon realise I'm in a sort of cave. Or is it? I'm in a huge dark area and the air is a bit thick. Maybe in a mountain or something... The roof is really high with dirt and water dropping down on me. Yeah, probably one hollowed mountain. I still feel a bit weak from the sand but I shake it of and otherwise I feel no pain. I realise that becouse I was the only one awake... I am the one he can spy against, not Rapunzel. But why hasn't she got powers then?

And why hadn't Pitch killed me right away? The Moon said that was his plan but clearly not. I find small comfort in that Pitch can't reach them now but it shatters when I realise I'm the bait. Pitch wants to get Rapunzel, Hiccup and Jack too and he will probably use me to get them and maybe even to make them do what he wants. That man is clearly crazy but still brilliant. Or is he even a man?

I got cought of my thoughts hearing something. It comes from outside the cave. I try to stand up to defend myself but I see my hands are tied with an rope. Maybe I can burn it of... No, not with tied hands. I gasp when a figure comes showing in the opening of the mountain cave.

"Guys, she's here!" I hear a girl shout excitedly. My heart takes a leap. Rapunzel! Soon Jack, Hiccup and the dragon comes showing too. They all run towards me but I stop them.

"Wait, you can't come! This is all a trap!" I shout as loud as I dare.

"We know Pitch made a track with perpuse but we couldn't just leave you wi..." Starts Jack but then a darker voice is heard.

"Oh, yes of course it is. Now I have all four of you just where I want, in the beginning of the realm Narnia and at the ending of Whoville. Where two so different realms meets and the dark magic is the strongest."

"May be so, but our magic is stronger too so let Merida go. Now." Says Hiccup in a threatingly voice as he takes a small step forward with his hands risen. Pitch only laughs and take a firm grip of the ropes holding me.

"You better control the worlds for me, or else your little sun here will pay the prise." He says in a scary, calm voice. I feel the anger boiling inside of me and it grows. How dare he? That's when I realise my hair is on fire. All of me burns but it doesn't hurt at all. The ropes snap immediately and Pitch can't even react before I have jumped away and stopped next to Hiccup.

"You okay?" He asks worriedly without taking his gaze of the buggy man. I don't do it either.

"I'm fine." I say and feel the urge to just lay down next to my friends and let someone else save the universe when I meet Pitch's eyes. They are entirely black and formed to slits. They radiate pure evil and anger.

"Well, well, then if you won't join me... Then you're against me!" He says in a low and high voice. That's when the first wave of dark magic comes up behind him.

Rapunzel's POV

A dark wave behind Pitch soon turns to all kinds of creatures; bears, horses, and ghostslike creatures. I feel a shiver down my spine when I realise I'm completly deffendless. But something comes up in my mind... Pitch has used all our different fears against us, but none to me. As the dark creatures are rising I realise my fear. I had telled my mother once and she had only laughed at me. But now it was crystal clear. My fear had always been to not be good enough, to be left out and, different. Tooth was right, Pitch makes me blocking out my own power.

"Bu!" Says Pitch suddenly and all of the creatures attacks us. They force us apart untill Merida stands cornered and Hiccup stands walled far away with the dragon from me and Jack who stands in the middle with nightmares all around us.