Chapter Twenty-Seven

And finally after a long overdue promise, please check out @kaykayslove stories, she's an awesome girl who deserves to have her work noticed.

Chapter Twenty Seven

Rain, move! Mason's voice streamed through my thoughts as he ran lightening fast towards us. I wanted to do as he had said and so did my wolf, but I couldn't move. I was rooted to the seat, unable to tear my eyes away. Dozens of voices immediately sounded in my head. Nicky was shouting orders to the other guys in our pack, Emma was screaming to tell her what had happened and Bella was telling everyone to calm down. I had no idea what was being said, but I knew what they thought. They thought Mason was going to attack me.

My eyes stayed glued to the window, watching Mason near us, when a hand grabbed hold of my arm from behind. At first I thought it was someone trying to get past me to get a better look, but I soon realised that it was more than just a simple push out of the way.

Within seconds, my feet left the floor as my body was thrown back against the wall. A sharp pain surged across my shoulder blades as I fell, slumping to the floor. Not having enough time to get up, a figure stood in front of me and gripped both of my arms in very firm hands, pulling me to my feet. Feeling the pad of each one of his fingers and thumbs press hard against my skin, my head began to swim with questions of what was happening. I could hear Bella linking to Nicky, before screaming for everyone to get out of the class.

"Jeremy, stop it!" A girl screamed at the guy standing in front of me before she was pulled out by another guy. Ignoring her, his hand left my arm and moved to my neck, tightening his hold. I could feel his thumb pressed hard against my pulse. Wrapping my hands around his, I tried to pull them away from my throat.

With narrowed eyes, the two black orbs of his wolf stared back at me. This wasn't the same Jeremy who was our friend. I had known him since we were fourteen when his mother and father joined our pack. He was a sweet guy, good at science and loved being outdoors. I even knew that he had a crush on Megan, another girl in our pack. That guy definitely wasn't in front of me right now and it was all because of my wolf being in heat.

My throat burned as I tried to swallow, "Jeremy, listen to me." With my voice croaking, I could barely speak. Grasping his hands tighter I tried with every bit of strength I had in me to pull them away from my throat, but no matter how strong I was, it would never be enough to win a male wolf, especially when he was close to shifting. "This isn't you, it's not what you want." His eyes never left mine and the penetrating black stare told me his wolf wasn't hearing me.

His lips pressed against mine in a long, hard kiss, but nothing about it was romantic. It sent cold chills down my spine. His mouth left mine and his nose brushed up the length of my neck, inhaling every drop of my scent causing his hand to tighten even more as he pressed himself to me. My heart raced inside my chest, "Please, let me go." It was my last attempt and by the growl rumbling in his chest, I knew it had failed.

If my breath hadn't have completely caught in my throat it would have at the sight of what was happening behind Jeremy. Mason hurled himself through the air, his clothes shredded and discarded on the wet grass as his skin ripped and fur covered his entire body within seconds. With his teeth bared, he dug his hind paws into the tough dirt and sprung up, his body bursting through the pain of glass, smashing the window into hundreds of tiny pieces.

With instinct my hands left Jeremy's and covered my face, shielding myself from the broken pieces of glass. His hands were ripped from my throat and the towering body was suddenly thrown away from me, hitting the wall with a force that cracked the brick and plaster. I fell to the floor, my head spinning and black dots dancing across my vision.