𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐙𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"Happy birthday dear, Zymeirr, happy birthday to you!" I smiled before leaning down a little to blow out the candles that were slightly pushed inside the cake to read 27.

"Did you make a wish Meme?" Chloe asked with her arms resting on the booth table.

I nodded "Yea, I did."

"What'd you wish for?"

"I can't tell you Bookie...you're not supposed to tell people what you wish for on your birthday." I explained, leaning back a little.

"Right.." Cleo trailed off.

She and Zinnia started talking in a conversation, but I didn't listen as I looked out the window. I was now 27 and felt pretty satisfied with what I had going for myself. I owned a business that was thriving while also helping communities; I had two other incomes; my soulmate, my son—our family. All in all, I was in a good place in life—I was surrounded by love... I was happy.

"Bae," I heard Zinnia call to me, I looked over at her with my eyebrows raised showing that she had my attention. "You want cake or just ice cream?"

"Just ice cream." I was glad she asked because I was sure she knew but I barely liked cake.

"You're such a picky eater. Cake is so good 'Meir." Cleo shook her head as she scooped a piece of cake on to her spoon.

"It's 'Ight. Hella sweet." I disagreed while pulling ice cream closer to me. I grabbed the spoon and scooped a little then put it in front of Moriah. He accepted the ice cream then took to spoon starting to feed it to himself.

I heard Zinnia sigh a little, making me look up at her "What's wrong?"

"This one was his, he likes cake. That was yours." She laughed lightly.

My eyes fell onto the plate that was closer to him, it had a small piece of the cake and scoops of ice cream on it "I didn't even notice. I'll take it." I lifted the plate up and put it next to Moriahs.

I slid the cake onto his plate then ate a scoop of the ice cream. "You like it?" I looked down at Moe.

"Un-huh." He hummed back in response then took his spoon in my ice cream getting a scoop. "Mm. It good da!"

I made eye contact with Zinnia then laughed. He had a habit of trying our food even if he had the exact same thing.

"Zy! Mamá dijo feliz cumpleaños, nena." (Mommy said happy birthday, baby boy) My mom spoke to me with the phone to her ear.

"Dile que se lo agradezco." (Tell her I said thank you.)

She nodded telling her what I said. "She wants to see Moe." Her eyes fell toward Zinnia.

Zinnia nodded and slightly wiped the corners of his mouth off. My mom turned the phone camera toward us and I heard my grandma gasp.

"Dios mío. Es adorable. ¿Está su madre a la izquierda?"( Oh my God. He's adorable.  Is his mom to the left of him?)

"Sí" we both answered her.

"My grandma said Moriah's adorable."

Zinnia swallowed her cake then smiled and said "Muchísimas gracias," (thank you so much,)

My mom smiled at her then went back to talking to my grandma. I picked up on telling how she loves him and he's so sweet and also how I'm adopting him soon.