Chapter 19

Okay...I know I just redefined the meaning of a very late upload, and I'm terribly sorry. I had my labs. And now I have my exams AGAIN.

So really sorry, and here's the next chapter.

****************************************************************************************************************

SIRENA'S POV

"It started on my birthday..." I began.

"Wait...You're telling me?" Adrien asked, thrown off guard. He did not think I would tell him.

"YuP. You're close to the truth anyway. Now shhh. Do you want to know or not?" I asked. I trusted this guy was some strange reason.

"So...on my birthday Jayden told me I had a surprise and literally dragged me out of my house. I was in love and was naïve, so followed him. He took me to this abandoned and run down warehouse." I continued, and then I balked at this part. After this came the nightmares.

Adrien wrapped his arms around me and whispered "Go on."

So I did. I told him. I told him about what Jayden and his cronies did to me, my loneliness, how they used me, how I ran, hoe I got shot. Everything.

Adrien was getting stiffer and stiffer by the moment, and at the end of the story, he unwrapped his arms and went to the corner of the room, faced away from me and his fist was curled up so hard that I could see his bony knuckles through the taut skin.

Then he went out of the room silently, without saying anything to me.

This is why I didn't want to tell them anything. Adrien was disgusted with me. I knew that. Who wouldn't be? I was disgusted with myself. I was just a broken and used thing.

That's when the waterworks began. The tears flowed free, and I couldn't stop them.

There was a knock at the door and Adrien called out in an emotionless voice "Get ready for school. We're going to be late. You also have to go for shooting today for dad's movie."

I just sat there stunned. Was he just going to pretend that nothing had happened? That I hadn't just poured my heart and soul out to him?

Well, if that's how he's gonna be, then so would I.

I hated him, and as far as I was concerned he could go die in a hole. B*st*rd.

***************************************************************************************************************

ADRIEN'S POV

I knew I should not have reacted like that. So cold and heartless. But I was angry. Beyond angry, in fact. I was so furious that I could go and rip apart that guy with bare hands, cut him into little pieces and feed him to sharks.

What kind of a person could do that to Sirena? She was sweet, loyal, hot,smart,fun...the whole package.

I wanted to protect her, but she was already so broken. And I know if I had lost my temper and gone on a rampage, she would've been scared witless. I can be really scary when I want to, and I didn't want to see her break anymore.

She didn't deserve that. That girl deserved only the best.

So I went about like nothing happened, and I knew it hurt her. But it was better for me to ignore her than lose my temper and do something rash. And anyways it was only a matter of time.

Jayden was going to pay big time. Of that I was sure of.

I put my determined face on and walked downstairs, waiting for Sirena.

She came down soon, looking gorgeous as usual, today in a white dress that flowed to her knees.

I looked at her expression and my heart sank

She had her blank expression on, shutting herself from the world. She had let me in and I had disappointed her, so now I was no longer a part of her life.

****************************************************************************************************************

SIRENA'S POV

I saw Adrien's shattered expression, but ignored and kept my poker face on. He brought this upon himself.

The ride to school was awkward and eerily silent. We finally reached, and I was greeted by a tumbling body which came shooting at me.

"Oh god! Where have you been for soo long? You came to school after so many days. What happened? Anyways, I got some bad news. That hot new guy Jayden didn't come too, and so I went and cunningly swindled information out of the secretary. She told me he had already pulled out of this. That's so sad!" Skye spewed out in one breath, as usual.

I heaved a sigh of relief. Jayden had disappeared. Thank god.

This girl was quite useful at times.

"Adrien, what are you doing hanging out with these losers?" a screeching, irritating whiny voice squeaked.

I whipped my head round to see that Adrien was standing behind me, listening to Skye's piece of information.

Courtney, the sl*t had arrived as usual. Where there was Adrien, there was Courtney.

"Back off b*tch. Don't you see no one wants you here?" Skye snapped, irritated at being interrupted.

"You're like so...ughh! Adrien save me!" was Courtney's intelligent comeback.

"Yeah Adrien save her." I squeaked in Courtney's voice, and then dragged Skye and went inside the building, letting Adrien alone with Courtney rubbing herself all over him.

I bet he enjoyed that.

I took one last look at Adrien before shutting the doors of the building shut, and saw Courtney give me the evil eye. Then she wrapped herself around him, and kissed him full on the mouth.

Adrien was not making any effort to stop her.

I felt a sharp pang in my chest, but ignored it.

He was not worth my time. I hated him.

****************************************************************************************************************

So....how was it?

Fan, comment and vote!

Thanks!