Why does this have to happen to me?! Chapter 15

Hi! I know I'm SUPER late and I'm SO SORRY about that! I've just been so busy lately. All the tests and projects are being crammed in February so we can make it on time for March. I have this HUGE test tomorrow so I'm going to type this really fast because I have to study for it. I'm sorry for any misspelings. I'm doing this first because I'm afraid I won't get to finish this when I finish studying. Wow, that sounded better in my head... Anyway, please comment, vote, fan!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ouch! Are you trying to break my toes?" I exclaim after being stepped on for the....see? He stepped on me so much times, I lost count!

"Yep. This is my revenge for making my ears bleed." He whispers.

"You volunteered for that!" I get stomped on again. "Are you really doint this on purpose? 'Cuz if you are, you're gonna have to carry me. If you're not," I pause, thinking about it. "you're still going to carry me."

"But you way a ton." He conplains.

I gasp and abruptly stop dancing. "You ought to be slapped." I say coldly and glare at him.

"You have my blessing." A girl beside me whispers. Her partner snickers and whisks her away. I slap Cain's arm hard.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?" He lets go of me and rubs the red handprint.

"Didn't you hear her? She said I have her blessing, remember? You were there. I was there. Good time, good times." I sigh and look up, seeing Cain giving me a funny look. "I stay with my sister when she watches TV so she won't get lonely." I defend myself.

"Yeah, right" He snorts and puts a hand on my waist and the other clasps my own hand. We begin dancing again.

Suddenly, Mrs. Smith announces the end of class then says something about lunch being fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. My eyes widen and I jump on Cain's back. "To the cafeteria, my loyal steed. And be quick for I fear the gravy and potatoes shall be gone if we dally."

He grunts and, relenting, takes hold of my legs so I won't fall then he walks. "I was wrong. You don't weight a ton."

"See? And you said I did. You should be ashamed of yourself." I say teasingly.

"You weigh way more." He continues.

"You know, I can embarrass you right now."

"Really? How?" He challenges. I take a deep breath. "Shit, I know what you're thinking. Don't do that. Ever."

"I don't know..." I tease.

"C'mon, Celene. I'm already carrying your fat ass around." He looks at me at the corner of his eye.

I narrow mine. "What fat ass? The only thing resembling one is the face of the one carrying me." He starts to say anything but I cut him off. "I won't scream if you stop saying I'm fat even though it's so not true."

"Fine. Now can you get off me? We're here."

I look around until I see Jess and Julie. I wave at them and their eyes widen with shock. I grin and they burst out laughing.

"Dude, get off! People are starting to stare." He fidgets. I laugh and get down but then I grab his hand and drag him to the line before he can escape. He looks at me questioningly so I point at the potatoes and gravy. "No, I'm not buying you lunch!"

"I'm not telling you to! I was going to say you should try them. I'm hurt that you think I'm going to take advantage of you like that." He raises an eyebrow. I sigh. "I admit, it did cross my mind a couple of  times but I wasn't going to say anything. Yet." I mutter.

"And when were you planning to tell me?" He points to the potatoes, gravy and chicken and the lady puts them in a plate and gives it to him. She turns to me boredly.

"I'll take what he got." I say to her, getting freaked out by her intense stare. I mean, she doesn't blink the whole time! "When we're supposed to pay already." I say to Cain this time.

He laughs as he pays for his food. "How are you so sure I'm going to?"

"Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot you aren't a gentleman."

"What? I am!" He looks at me defiantly.

I raise an eyebrow. "Prove it."

He pays for my food. "See?" I smirk at him and it finally clicks. "Damn."

I laugh and walk to my table. Julie points behind me and, when I look, I see Cain walking towards me. I frown, confused. "What are you doing? You're table is there." I point to the table near the swinging doors where girls are crowding around. The table, not the doors. Why would anyone in their right mind crowd around them for no good reason? All that will do is guarantee someone swinging it to your face.

"I know. I'm going to eat with you. It's the least you can do for the food." He takes a seat  beside me and takes a bite out of the chicken.

Jess and Julie glance at me, asking for an explanation. When I don't give it to them, they look at Cain angrily. "I didn't make you pay for me."

"You tricked--" Someone pulls Cain's chair back, dumps him on the floor and takes his place.

"This is my seat." Brian pushes Cain's tray to the side and scoops some potato into his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Brian makes a return! Finally! :D I hope you guys liked it! Please comment, vote, fan! They will be greatly appreciated.