5 ~

Waking up I couldn't help but be excited. Today was Dudley's birthday, meaning I would be trapping him in the snake tank. I was in such a good mood at the idea, that I had woken up early to have breakfast and still have time to start cooking for the Dursleys before they wake upI only had a few more potions to write out for Snape before school started. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Bipsy pops into the room. "Misses, the people outside will be awake soon."

"Thank you, Bipsy. Will you clean up this mess for me? I also left your breakfast on the side." Bipsy had been cleaning up my mess from working on potions last night so she didn't get a chance to eat with me. "Bipsy thanks you miss. Bipsy will clean for misses."

I quickly change into simple jeans and a t-shirt, both of which were a few sizes too big, before going back to the closet. I cast an invisibility charm on the trunk before doing the same to my wand and holster that was strapped to my left arm. I had also kept my rings out of sight since I got them. I step out of the cupboard and enter the kitchen. Since the others were still getting ready I could get away with using magic for a minute or two. I start frying off the bacon in one pan once using my magic to mix together the pancake batter, when I start hearing footsteps I stop the spell.

Petunia walks in I've already begun scooping pancake batter into a spare pan, turning the bacon over straight after. She stands in the doorway shocked as I start taking out plates and cutlery, laying them all out onto the table. The glasses and orange juice are next to my I pause for a moment to take the bacon off and to flip the pancakes. I continue to do this, switching between setting the table and cooking. Petunia finally snaps back when the table is fully set and Vernon joins her. Instead of saying anything I place the bacon and pancakes onto separate plates and lay them out onto the table.

The moment the food touches the table Dudley comes running in."There's my little birthday boy" I hold back my snort of amusement as I watch Petunia rub her nose against his. Before 'uncle' Vernon can say anything I place his black coffee done in front of him while Dudley asks how many presents he's got. That boy really needed to learn to be more thank full for what he does have rather than focusing on what he doesn't. I mean at least he wouldn't have to go through puberty for a second time. That really wasn't something I was looking forward to. "36, I counted them myself"

"36, BUT LAST YEAR I HAD 37!!!"

"Well yes, but some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year"

"I DON'T CARE HOW BIG THEY ARE!!"

"This is what we are going to do. When we go out we're going to buy you 2 new presents, how's that pumpkin?" Petunia tries to calm down her 'Dudley-kins' With his greed currently sated they all finish up eating before getting ready to leave. I was being made to go since my usual babysitter broke her leg. It didn't bother me though, a few more days and I would finally have an excuse to leave this place and never look back.

Before I could get into the car the door is closed in my face by Vernon "I'm warning you now girl, any funny business, any at all and there will be no meals for a week. Get in"

"Yes, uncle Vernon." I keep my eyes to the ground as he points the car keys are my face.When we do finally reach the zoo I'm happy to be out of the car. I know have extra bruises decorating my ribcage from Dudley pinching me the whole time. As we are walking around I keep a few paces behind them to avoid getting in trouble for anything. When we get to the reptile exhibit I am more than excited about what was about to happen. Dudley had been acting as if every animal was there for his entertainment alone and would constantly tap or bang on the glass to get their attention. I could tell the poor creatures were getting just as annoyed as I was.

When I walk over to the boa constrictor and wink at him. I make sure not to say anything. When Dudley suddenly pushes me to the floor. I glare at the glass and send my magic towards it backing it vanish. I hold back a smirk when I watch him fall over the railing and into the water below. Dudley starts screaming when the constrictor climbs over him and out of the tank. The pauses to look at me and I wink in return. With that, the snake thanks me before slithering away. I look back over to Vernon and see him glaring at me with so much hate that I actually flinch. Taking in a shaky breathe I stand up suddenly feeling how scared Adaline had been all those years before me. When we back to the house Vernon grabs me by the hair before dragging me inside. He smashes my face into the cupboard door with a crunch sound before throwing me inside and locking it. The whole time he continued to call me a freak and abomination. Once I sit myself up I grab a shirt from the shelf next to my head and press it to my bloody nose. I manage to cast a locking and silencing charm on the door while tears run down my cheeks.

"Bipsy" not a second later there is a pop noise and the female house-elf is standing in front of me with teary eyes. "I haven't learned how to fix a bone yet, could you?" She nods and for the first time doesn't say anything. Instead, she simply steps forward and presses the tip of her finger to the bridge of my nose. I stop myself from pulling back at the stinging sensation.

The pain is replaced with a numbing cold for a few seconds before a pleasant heat takes its place. "Thank you, Bipsy. I'm so happy I choose you" I give her a small smile when the pain disappears and the bleeding stops. I move the shirt out of the way and wipe off the last of the blood from my face.

At Bipsy's hurt expression I open my arms and she doesn't hesitate to hug me. I smile at how far she had come since we first met. She was much more open to physical contact and speaking out of turn. I was still working on getting her to be okay with having days off, but it seemed she simply adored working.